1/'51 US 200 X 2

Discussion in '200' started by Hippie, May 20, 2019.

1. Hippie United States

This seems to be the most common date for these little nickel-plated beauties. I've seen several of the 1/'51 on CCF in addition to mine.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I found one of these at a yard sale for a typical old lantern price. The other was given me by a friend who found it in the garage of a house he bought.

The 200/200A vents from sometime in '50 'til maybe '52 are unique in having red speckles against the blue interior, giving them a purple look on the underside.

[​IMG]

The upper side of the US 200s and early 200As have white speckles against the red:

[​IMG]

2. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

Two nice looking lanterns you have there Hippie. Congratulations. :thumbup:

3. george

george United States Subscriber

I have one dated Nov. 1951. It's one of those civil defense lanterns, Office of Civil Defense, Sacramento, Calif.:D/

4. george

george United States Subscriber

Very nice example you have there. This model of the 200 has just gone out of site when it comes to price.

5. Hippie United States

Thanks.

George: I'd love to get my hands on one of those OCDs (OCD=Obsessive Coleman Disorder)!

The one on the left in the photos has a pretty beat-up vent--but the price was free, so not really a problem. It's a "user" and tends to travel in my Vangon. The other lives mostly on a shelf.

6. ColinG

ColinG United Kingdom Subscriber

I think I'm actually in love with these two beauties! Everything about them is right... I am so damned envious!

7. Haggis United States

“I got no quarrel with 'ow a man prays; there's enough room in 'ell for all of us! Wot I don't like is that you got two of somethin' the rest of us got none of!”
    Mad Jack,,, “Paint Your Wagon”