1920 Kerosafe M1012 Wall lamp

Discussion in 'Thomas Kerosafe' started by Mackburner, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

Made by the Thomas Manufacturing Company, Dayton, Ohio USA. This lamp is a standard 300 cp kerosene Thomas lantern head mounted as a wall lamp. The burners in these lantern heads have screw in air tubes which pass through the mica globe so they have to be unscrewed to remove the globe. It will date to about 1916 to 1924 when prickers were introduced which this example lacks.

1286763473-Kerosafe_Thomas_M1012_outdoor_wall_lamp.jpg 1286763489-Kerosafe_Thomas_Lantern_burner-grey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  2. Matty

Thanks for the excellent info. I was starting to think I was the only poor beggar without a pricker.

I'm in the early stages of restoring a lantern. I have finally given up on the tank as it had far too many problems, even if I didn't admit that to myself for the last 3 years.

I think it is hardly likely that I am going to come across a Thomas fount anytime soon so I am going to substitute a Tilley X246B fount for the forlorn tank.

3. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

Not easy to date them because the pricker was part of the generator and could always have been fitted to an earlier lamp. ::Neil::