1930 - 1933 Sunshine F104

Discussion in 'Sunshine Safety and Sunshine Products' started by Mackburner, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

This is the same lamp as Sunshine F105 but with this artichoke shade it becomes model F104. The shade here is an original and probably worth around as much as the lamp if not more. ::Neil::

1326842724-Sunshine_F104_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  2. Neighbor Al

Beautiful shade! $60- $80 here in the U.S. (+ shipping)

3. mr optimus

Hi Neil i must say since becomming a member of CPL as my main interest has been stoves and spent most time on CCS, i have seen some very interesting rare and beautifull lanterns that have been collected and beautifully restored by the members of CPL,
    And i have seen a realy superb collection from you every one has caught my eye, and another fine example to your outstanding collection

4. Mackburner

Hmmm. Thank you for that. My big problem is I can't resist the temptation to see another variation in the engineering. Means I have a lot here and the individual beauty of any one lamp tends to fade into the clutter. This shade actually normally sits on a Sunshine Safety lamp up in my bedroom. I did have two but the other got traded out in exchange for a Nagel Chase 150. ::Neil::

5. Bob M

Bob M R.I.P.

Not for the "original"! There is a slight difference in the mold pattern between the Aladdin "artichoke" shade and the original that came on the Sunshine Safety. The finish on the glass is different as well.

Bob

6. Mackburner

I think the Aladdin shade is heavier as well. I know I have seen a green one that was around twic the weight of my white one. The two I had both came on old 20s Sunshine Safety lamps and I am in no doubt both were originals to the lamps. Very light with a slightly rough texture on the outer surface. They are a very hard thing to find now and probably serious money when you do. ::Neil::