1930 Lilor 700156

Discussion in 'Lilor - Liotard Frères' started by Mackburner, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

Not sure that is the correct number for this table lamp. I don't have this illustrated in a Lilor catalogue but just in a Besnard one and they were retailers so may have given it their own number. Running here on gasoline and quite well at that. No globe because French lamps use a differerent fitter size to English product and I have yet to find one small enough to fit.

1285719322-Lilor_700156.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  2. Bodyvn

This Lamp have use pump ??

3. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

Hello Neil, that's a fine lamp.

Perhaps a small gas glass would fit it. Jeff.

4. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

Hello and welcome aboard, to pressurise this lamp a separate pump is required, Jeff.

5. Bodyvn

So any one can show up the separate pump?

Thanks,

6. Conny C

Conny C Sweden Subscriber

Neil,

This is a nice lamp that I don’t have in my collection yet :( . I believe your lamp is the portable transformable Lilor lamp “1935”. This lamp was equipped with a standard “Bec STA” burner/lamp head. In the following catalogue image from 1929 you can see the lamp fitted with a huge fabric shade. It had also a tulip glass shade (for protection?) seen in the "wall lamp position" image.
    In the image below can see a pump used for this lamp!

/Conny

1304672405-Lilor_1935_transformable_lamp_x.jpg 1304672420-Exploded_view.jpg 1304672430-Lilor_lamp_pump.jpg

7. Carlsson

Carlsson Sweden Admin/Founder Member

Conny, that must be a Coleman pump, right?
    Which of course not is anything wrong since they use practically exactly the same kind of fitting/valve at the tank.
    And Coleman are sold all the time at ebay, so much easier to obtain.

8. Conny C

Well spotted Christer, that is a Coleman pump! I use this pump for all my French lamps as well as some others. There couldn´t be a major difference thou to an original Lilor pump!

/Conny

9. Carlsson

Carlsson Sweden Admin/Founder Member

No, they look very similar.
    Not that I have seen any Lilor pump in the flesh, but atleast from what I can tell from the catalogue picture you show.
    You could turn a new wooden handle, shaped like the one on the Lilor pump, and swap it with the smaller Coleman one to make the illusion complete! :lol:

It's a cool lamp, and it get a totally other appearence now when I realise that there should be a larger shade which goes outside, and hide the curbed fuel tube.
    Conny, do you also have the sheet with the burner and it's parts?

10. Conny C

Christer,

The wooden knob/handle may be the only difference there is. I think Lilor in some way was associated with or influenced by Coleman in the 20th´s, with similar design of some lamps and lanterns. Later in the 30th´s they began selling Coleman lanterns as a Coleman agent.

Yes, I have a sheet that was included in the 1929 Lilor catalouge. There are some exploded view examples of burners, lamps, radiators and stoves.
    (Sorry for the bad image quality, my scanner is out of order, and I had to make photos instead)

/Conny
    1304705802-Bec_Sta.jpg
    1304698958-Bec_STA.jpg