1930 Lind-O-Lite 310

Discussion in 'Lind-O-Lite' started by Mackburner, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

I am not exactly sure of the model number for this one or the date. It has the make up of model 310 but the handle is different to the ones I have in the catalogues. This slimer handle which tapers to a round bottom is perhaps earlier than the ones with a tapered hexagonal as in the other table lamps posted here. This one had been seriously over polished to the point where it was leaking just below the handle in 4 places on the points of the hex. I have done a quick soft solder fix and got it to hold pressure. I think it was originally a silver finish as the paint is still there in the base. ::Neil::

1330354323-Lind-O-Lite_310_01.jpg

1330354336-Lind-O-Lite_310_02.jpg 1330354346-Lind-O-Lite_310_03.jpg 1330354358-Lind-O-Lite_310_04.jpg 1330354370-Lind-O-Lite_310_06_burner_grey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. Conny C

Conny C Sweden Subscriber

Neil, it certainly looks good with that original shade. Nice to see it running :thumbup: !

/Conny

3. Mackburner

Yeah I just love these Lindemann lamps. The quality is fantastic when you consider they made no lamps after about 1936. They also have the handy quality of using Coleman generators so you can always make them run. I have been after one of these with that slim handle for years and this one turned up in the Bay and I had to have it. Cost me an arm and a leg to buy and then with mail costs and the dreaded VAT imposed by our nice excise men it was one expensive piece of kit. I now have three table lamps but sadly only the one shade which you will see on all three in the gallery. ::Neil::

4. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

Very smart lamp!

5. Mackburner

Not so smart now. Damn thing worked perfectly this morning once I had sorted the leaks and now the generator won't pass fuel. Bloody Coleman R55s again. Oh Lord how I hate the wretched things. Give me Q99s every time. Still the lamp is sound because it held pressure for 5 hours while I was at work. Have to dismantle the damn generator and see what's wrong ::Neil::