1954-64 Bialaddin 305 Military Version.

Discussion in 'Lamp Action Gallery' started by Alby, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Alby

Alby Subscriber

Well guys here it is punching out some lumens around my property , I have serviced it and left it as found in what presumably is MOD livery. Well for a lamp just 1 year younger than yours truly 1954 the condition is amazing ... it needed a full clean out , new NRV check valve , leather pump washer and nut
    control vlave nut tightening, vapouriser clean, dusting orf and glass clean. Only 1 small ding 3 mm found
    after all that time .. No rust at all , aluminium sound and not oxidized .. phew :thumbup:

Now most of half the font is a duck egg blue and on the other side is hand painted 1 TP ...not being in the MOD Army I have deduced that this may be 1 Territorial Platoon .. or anything really if you google TP in the free dictionary site there is numerous wording to fit .. perhaps when it was issued to some Corporal squaddie the marks would be readily identifiable to him ? who knows. To be honest its a tribute to our gallant Army lads who protect us all from nasties out there .. Must have hung around the " Quartermasters Stores " for some time . It joins my lamp stable with pride

Bought at a Flea Market arcade at Southport, Lancashire 2/3 months ago ... now with a goodily fill of 28 sec kero and 5 secs of panel wipe .. here it is .. It is on my list of approved " go to " lamps .. nice :D/

Alberts Pics 002.jpg Alberts Pics 006.jpg ]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2019
  2. BigStevie

BigStevie United Kingdom Subscriber

That's looking good Alby, like the colour and the markings!

Stevie

3. X246A

X246A United Kingdom Subscriber

@Alby

She sure burns brightly. I love the fact you have kept her in “as found” condition.

Regards Jeremy

4. AussiePete

AussiePete Australia Subscriber

@Alby I like the colour and that she burns so bright. It’s good that you’re leaving the markings on, as it’s part of its past life.
    Cheers
    Pete

5. george

george United States Subscriber

I agree with Jeremy, I'm glad you kept it in the colors original!
    Nice job!!:D/

6. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

It's working well!:thumbup: