1960´2 FL 6 Floodlight Swiss Civil Protection

Discussion in 'FL6 Floodlight Projector' started by Luminator, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Luminator

This is a FL 6 of the Swiss Civil Protection (Zivilschutz). It comes in a wodden box with some spares and a fuel cannister. A tripod is supplied as well.

1326068813-DSCN3955_k.jpg 1326068836-DSC_0064_k.jpg 1326068853-DSCN4094_k.jpg 1326068875-DSCN8495_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  2. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

An excellent find! :thumbup:

3. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

Very nice indeed! - I can see that one of those boxes and it's contents needs to find it's way over here one day. [-o<

It puts me very much in mind of the Petromax double lantern set-up I got from Switzerland a few years back (thank you, again, Wim and Neil). Everything you could possibly want and to hand (even a couple of small candle lanterns and candles to light quickly and illuminate the lighting of the main lanterns).

It's always struck me that, for a neutral country, the Swiss seem very organised and well-prepared for any military eventuality... :thumbup:

4. mr optimus

A superb score there we dont see many like that everthing complete in original mint condition,i love the custom made box every thing fits in its place nice and snug so no parts maoving about and getting damaged

5. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

Are they ever. All Swiss males between 18 and I think 50 are in the army reserve. They keep their uniforms and weapons at home. The Swiss reckon they can mobilse their entire amy in under 4 hours and that means every able bodied man in the country. So they are ready and always have been. This is why they stayed neutral through two world wars. No one even considered an invasion because the cost would be just too high. This is one place where playing at home is a serious advantage. ::Neil::

6. Luminator

nevertheless, the swiss army got rid of nearly all pressure lanterns, so it´s hard to find some in switzerland.
    maybe, they have still a secret hiding place somewhere under the mountains :lol:

7. David Shouksmith

Well that's good, because it meant we got 'em - or, at least, you did... :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  8. Mackburner

I suspect Ruedi Fischer may still have a few. The supply does seem to have dried up though of late. ::Neil::

9. David Shouksmith

10. Mackburner

Ruedi is a major Swiss collector. I have met him a few times at the German Pewtromax meetings. Ruedi had rescued the entire paper archive from the Scatz Aschwanden lamp company and allowed Wim to take the paper and scan it all. Great guy who speaks no English. He has a serious collection but also he had recovered from various army stores probably the entire national stock of Pressure lamps. He has been selling them off for years and if you have one of those army lighting sets it probably came from Ruedi in the first place. ::Neil::