1960's Optimus 350

Discussion in '350' started by t5mm5s, Jul 1, 2013.

1. t5mm5s

Hello all,
    Found this Optimus 350 CP lamp at a local flea market. The lamp is in mint condition, the seller said it has never been used. I cannot say if it's really old or not, maybe someone call tell? What are these worth nowadays?? I was thinking to use the lamp but not quite sure how to operate it. Gotta do some reading first to avoid a disaster :o

1372710524-optimus_2.jpg 1372710547-optimus_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

Welcome aboard! :thumbup:

I reckon that is 1970's lantern and it's a good find, but we do not give valuations here, Jeff.

3. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

What Jeff said, and thank you for giving us a decent chance of answering your questions by posting nice big images - makes a change for a new member (and some longer-standing ones)... :thumbup:

4. Nils Stephenson

Nils Stephenson Founder Member

Welcome to the forum.

It certainly looks unused. Most likely one that has come from the military and has been sitting in storage for many years. I agree with David, it is nice with big images so you can see the details. I would date it to the early 1960s. Possibly a bit later.

As Jeff said, we don't give valuations here. Mainly because they can vary so much. I will say that this is a relatively common model (in scandinavia at least) but it is not often you see an unused one.

5. t5mm5s

Hello again,
    And thank you for your very kind and valuable comments! After a more careful inspection I was still not able to find any signs of use, so presumably this thing has not been used at all. The brown paper bag which is shown in the photo came with the lamp including some spare parts - a rubber gasket, maybe a needle valve or two... To learn how to use this lamp properly, I was wondering if there's any user instructions available in the internet? Thanks again for your comments, this is exciting - another yet unknown territory to explore :)

6. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

I don't have the instructions for model 350 but I do have this set for the earlier models 100, 200 qnd 300. In operation they are the same so this should enable you to make it function safely. ::Neil::

1373154327-Opt_100-200-300_Instr_01.jpg 1373154587-Opt_100-200-300_Instr_02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017