2006 April 285A-710 E-Fuel Corn Lantern

Discussion in '285, 285A' started by Glenn, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Glenn

These 285A-710 E-Fuel "Corn" Lanterns were discontinued after a short production run of 200 lanterns. I bought 2 from a fellow collector who found them being liquidated at a Coleman Retail outlet (Thanks Warren), at the end of 2006. I sold 1 as shown in the picture (I added an amber sportsman globe), to a collector in Japan and have 1 left NIB. Very Rare with the low production run. They were designed to run on E-Fuel, a mixture with 10% Ethanol and 90% gasoline. I have never lit one or seen one lit but I understand they had a problem vaporizing the fuel and that is the reason of the very low # of lanterns built

Enjoy!

Glenn

1294538138-e-fuel_all_opt_2_.jpg

1294538153-e-fuel_all_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. USDAN57

USDAN57 R.I.P.

They were test marketed from the outlet stores. There was a questionare to fill out .It basically asked would you be interested in this kind of lantern is it the future etc. I think the overwhelming response was NADDA! Nobody likes the ethonal fuels and are hoping they stop putting that crap in gasoline. Dan

3. Glenn

Hi Dan,

I did not know that. Thanks for your input

Glenn

4. Glenn

Update:

This lantern was designed to run the e10 fuel (gas-(10%)ethanol mix), Unleaded gas & Coleman fuel

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  5. USDAN57

USDAN57 R.I.P.

I forgot to mention I bought one and wish I had bought the stove .That way when I croak my wife can make some money. E10 fuel is falling on it's face because it greatly reduces mileage and the alcohol causes the usual problems in cars. Especially fuel injected cars. Alcohol bonds with water and carries it up and into the fuel system instead of leaving it in the belly of the tank.

6. Sparkybr549

7. ColinG

ColinG United Kingdom Subscriber

I'm sorry but this is one ugly lantern, rare or not it's hideous!

8. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

Congratulations Sparky, there was a lot of interest in that auction.
    Colin, I think you are being a little harsh. :-k