Aladdin Minerva

Discussion in 'Aladdin' started by Mackburner, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

Not common these. Made by Aktiebolaget Aladdin, Stockholm. This one was retailed in England by Baxendale. I acquired it some years ago and have never tried to run it although I guess it probably would. It is very heavy and every time I think about it the weight and size puts me off the idea. Looks good though and it has to be one of the oldest lamps I own.
    1285184096-Aladdin_Minerva_01.jpg 1285184110-Aladdin_Minerva_reflector.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  2. WimVe

WimVe Subscriber

Ok, please explain the thingy that goes upwards from the reflector into the chimney, the "valve" half way up the chimeny and the white chips inside the chimney.

3. Carlsson

Carlsson Sweden Admin/Founder Member

The thing pointing at an angle is just the attachment for the fuel line. Hollow wire versions have the same fitting, but here the fuel tubing just goes up to the donut tank.
    The jet is positioned upwards just above this attachment inside the chimney.

What you call a valve halfway up the chimney is just a locking screw that holds an inspection hatch in place. Behind that hatch is the jet visible.

The white chips is probably just that; polystyrene chips that has been left inside after a transport protection, but I'll leave that one to Neil.

4. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

Yes a few bits of poly packing. Probably still in there because I have never done anything with this one since it arrived many years ago. ::Neil::