Austramax 3/300 (late version)

Discussion in '3/300' started by Nils Stephenson, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Nils Stephenson

Nils Stephenson Founder Member

This is almost the current version of the lantern. The only difference being that the one you buy today has a straight glass.

One major drawback is the plastic pressure relief screw. You have to be careful with them or they will shear off. They also have an O-ring pump that sometimes give 'challenges'. The availability of spares is also an issue. Otherwise a great lantern and one of my favourites.

The pictures aren't the best, but all my Australian stuff is in Australia, so I asked my brother to take some photos for me.

1285320585-Austramax_3-300_front.jpg

1285320585-Austramax_3-300_front.jpg 1285320597-Austramax_3-300_back.jpg 1285320607-Austramax_3-300_complete.jpg

Br
    Nils

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. Colin M

..... and as usual the Bail Handle doesn't go all the way down. A real pain

Colin

3. Nils Stephenson

Nils Stephenson Founder Member

Actually it does. There were two varaitions of this handle. The difference is the length of the horizontal part that clips into the burner. The first variation that turned up was quite short, which meant that it wouldn't fold all the way down. I don't know how long it took, but they fixed this by making it longer so the handle clears the rim of the hood.