Bialaddin 300X

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Peter Perry, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Peter Perry

Hey guys does this look original to you ?
    The glass is stamped pyrex but no bialaddin mark just curious as the guy I bought it from said he purchased it from a church fete in a small village many years ago for a song because they didn't know what it was .
    Unfortunately for me he knew what it was and charged me accordingly but said its original is it?

20211026_164158.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2021
  2. Rickylee United Kingdom

@Peter Perry thanks for the kind words, its nice when people appreciate the work/time and effort that goes in to restoring a lantern and actually has a positive attitude about doing so.

I totally agree with you about your lantern, if it's going to be used on a regular basis I would also just give it a service so it's back to working order.

Just for the record my lamps just don't sit on a shelf (well they do when not in use), I actually use them on a regular basis, I just take care of them and clean them back up after use.

Good luck with it what ever you decide and yes the glass is original to the lamp.

3. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

:-k What effort? - I drive to the nearest town and take a bit of the lantern with me, usually the tank. Once there, I go to a motor factor instead of going to Halfords. I call back a short while later and collect the newly made up aerosol can - sometimes they even do it while I wait. They do the work, not me.

But mostly, I just get the lamps running and accept their appearance for what it is - it's far, far less bother than 'brassing them up' which is real effort. Then you have to do it again. And again. And again...=; ](*,)