Bialaddin 320 decals/transfers

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by ColinG, Jun 22, 2018.

1. ColinG

ColinG United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi all, does anyone know of a source for Bialaddin fount transfers or decals? I would like one for my newly fettled 320.

2. M.Meijer

A question that is on my mind as well, and then also for the 315 . I am contemplating making a digital file myself based on photographs of non-perfect transfers that would need some photoshopping. The latter is my bottleneck, so yes, if anybody has gone that route already I'd be interested too. Mike

3. ColinG

I am proficient with both Adobe Photoshop and also Adobe Illustrator (I used to use them both professionally) and could either create or tidy up digital files if anyone knows where they can be made into stickers or transfers.

4. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    @ColinG

You can make transfers on a home printer. If it’s inkjet, not laser, you might need to overspray with clear coat after putting on tank.

I’ve not printed them at home, but I’ve bought lantern transfers that have been “home made”, so to speak.

Cheers

Tony

5. phaedrus42

phaedrus42 Subscriber

If you can do the artwork, you could perhaps approach arty_pharty on ebay to do the production for you. He already has a high quality range of similar decals and stickers.

6. ColinG

Thanks for the suggestion, I may very well do this, but I don't have a 320 to copy the artwork. Can anyone take a high res close up images of a 320 transfer so I can digitise it and create the artwork?

7. ColinG

I've created a 320 logo. I'm not hugely pleased with it but I couldn't control the original photo so the process of tracing the 'Bialaddin' cursive element was problematic. I could edit each letter individually but it would take days. You have to imagine it on a silver or cream background which might look better... not sure. Tell me what you think.

PS, I can export it in pretty much any format you like if anyone wants a copy. The original was made in Adobe Illustrator CS6.

320 decal.jpg

8. ColinG

This was the photo I worked from so you have a comparison. Obviously I straightened up certain areas and elements as the transfer must have warped when it was applied.

Bialaddin 320 transfer.jpg

9. Sellig33

Sellig33 France Subscriber

Great job :thumbup: it's like the original

10. ColinG

It proved much harder to recreate the word 'Bialaddin' than I first thought. I might have another go.

If anyone could take a better photo that would help me enormously!

11. Sellig33

Sellig33 France Subscriber

Sorry i don't have any 320

12. JonD

JonD Subscriber

Not too bad Colin! The Bialaddin script is just a little bit too "fat" to my eye. If you can thin it by 5-10% it's a winner.
    BR

13. ColinG

If anyone can take a close up in good quality and with plenty of light I could do a much better job.

14. Muzzleflash United Kingdom

It looks bang on to me. Great job mate!! I guess the hardest part will be getting it on to a suitable enough material for application. How would you print it on to a transfer type background for instance??

15. ColinG

Apparently there's a guy on eBay who can do it but I need to find them and ask if they'll make some of these and if so, how much he would charge.

16. ColinG

I wasn't happy so I took some photos of my 315 to get a better quality logo and spent some time getting it closer to the original. The '3' and the 2 weren't right either so I re-worked them as well.

320 decal.jpg

I think I'm ready to have a chat with 'arty_pharty' to see if he's willing to create a decal from this artwork.

17. ColinG

Hey Phil, could you post a link to arty_pharty so I can contact him? I don't seem to be able to find him on eBay.

18. ColinG

Just searched using a different method and found arty_pharty so I've sent him a request and a copy of the decal artwork.... hopefully he'll be able to make some stickers or transfers for us.

19. Muzzleflash United Kingdom

Arty_pharty (Ian) comes highly recommended..

20. Hennie

Hi there,what would be the measurement on this decal and would same apply to the one for the 315?

21. ColinG

I haven't measured my decal super accurately yet but the width appears to be 2 inches and the height is a fraction under 1 inch.

22. Hennie

Thank you Colin.