1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bialaddin Bowlfire F600

Discussion in 'Bowl Fires & Heaters' started by MG, Jun 9, 2018.

1. MG

MG Subscriber

Well i was lucky enough to come across another one :) 017.JPG 020.JPG 025.JPG

2. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith Founder Member

Looks like one of the earliest Mark Is which didn't have the two tags at the bottom of the oval Bialaddin badge to hold the bottom half of the guard - a pity that's missing. I think it had two loose tags at the top to hold it to the top of the reflector, as well as two lower down.

I thought these were F2600 but I've probably imagined that as well... :oops:

Edit: a quick check of Ian's book (page 34) gives the model number of the bowlfire as F2700...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  3. MG

MG Subscriber

I have two guards, one from my first F600 and one from a second generation F600 with the early handy but with the standard burner, no pouring spout on pre-heat cup and two pronged badge and both guards look the same when side by side so that one will be fitted to this Bowlfire.

From one of Mackburner's posts

There are indeed three types. Dates are :-

F600 Handle base plate flat, vertical steel support between top & bottom of steel handle. Pouring spout fixed to pre-heat cup. Fixing pin on cup through reflector. Alloy air vent fixed to air intake at rear of reflector. 1954

F600 As above but without spout, fixing pin, or alloy air vent. 1955 – approx 1957

F2700 Bowl fire as above but handle base plate has a crank offset and there is no vertical support. Approx 1957- 1961

I haven't seen Ian's book yet.

4. David Shouksmith

Oo-er - it could have been handbags at 10 paces last Saturday afternoon on the field at Newark... :roll: :doh::p

5. MG

MG Subscriber

Haha no filling it with concrete then!

I've edited my last post,

What's Ian's book called David?

6. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON Subscriber

Happy fettling!:thumbup:

7. MG

MG Subscriber

Thanks Jeff, its in the queue :)

8. David Shouksmith

Here we are - all you ever wanted to know about Vapalux and Bialaddin (and probably a great deal more, besides):-

Blurb Books UK

Click on the 'full page' arrows and flick the pages - you can read most of the content although some of the text in the illustrations is illegible. Still, beggars can't be choosers and it's well worth what we're paying for it i.e., nowt! :thumbup::p

9. MG

MG Subscriber

@David Shouksmith

Nice one, thanks David.

Ah the first models guard had four clips!