Bialaddin spirit cup corrosion.

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Stuart Gibbins, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Stuart Gibbins

Stuart Gibbins United Kingdom Subscriber

Evening all,

The spirt cup on my recently fettled Bialaddin 305 has gained some extra holes due to corrosion. The first I knew of this was when I lit it for the second time and had burning meths all over the place!

I know new replacements are available in a chrome finish but I would rather keep the aluminium type. So, is it feasible to repair with a patch of liquid metal or araldite? Or does anybody have a spare they would like to sell?

Fingers crossed.

Stuart

[​IMG]

2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom Subscriber

@Stuart Gibbins You might get away with an adhesive filler but the heat of priming will be a severe test. Why not pop a brass camp stove priming pan over the riser. A small one for a Primus/Optimus 96 should be about right.

3. Fireexit1

Fireexit1 United Kingdom Subscriber

4. ColinG

ColinG United Kingdom Subscriber

You can now get Aluminum welding/brasing rods that might work in your situation. I've seen them demonstrated on YouTube and they look good.

5. Stuart Gibbins

Stuart Gibbins United Kingdom Subscriber

Thanks,

I have some other parts to get from Base Camp so I can ask them, also have a Primus 96 so will try that in the meantime as well.

I think we have some metal putty at work so will fashion a repair using that just to see what happens,

Stuart