I saw this non-functioning lantern in a junk store , it pumped, the tarnished fount held pressure, and I was smitten! The regulator was jammed solid. Using the guides in the Fettling Forum, I started with the regulator. After saturating it with penetrating oil (diesel + WD40 50/50) I was able to slacken the jam nut. The packing wasn't even damaged. I used Autosol and a soft cotton towel to hand polish it. There were still the washers under the frame assembly. I gave the frame assembly a good scrub, blew out the spiders and cobwebs in the airtubes decided that using the posted instructions, that I could assemble and test it! I still lack the period globe, "Coleman China" will have to do. It works well, I used it on Halloween, turning the tip cleaner to reduce the light output to a dim glow when at front doors, then turning it up while accompanying the children along the road to the neighbours.