centering springs Coleman 316 knock off

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Bruce Kuda, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Bruce Kuda

Bruce Kuda United States Subscriber

I've been working on a Coleman 316 knock off lantern working off of images from one I just sold ----so far its coming along nicely~~~ not an identical twin but considering right now I only have 40 bucks invested a pretty nice fun projects- the one thing that had me worried from the start was the centering springs for the vent hat--- tonight I slew the dragon-- made 4 springs out of stainless steel strap-- heated them cherry red and quenched in oil!!!! wowser-- I have springs!!!! I know its not a big thing-- but theses are my first successful springs ~~~ image of crooked vent with outsprings centeringsprings 316 001.JPG ---
    arc8.jpg centeringsprings 316 002.JPG image of actual 316 vent cap~~~ Image of my vent cap with springs-- tomorrow or next day they get installed

2. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

Bruce, when you upload files i.e. images, you realise the forum software inserts them exactly where you've left the cursor at the time? That's why your images are appearing in the middle of your text. I find it's better to put the cursor at the end of a section of text, hit the return key a couple of times and then insert the image(s). Not only is that better to look at, it's also easier to read. Hope that helps. 8] :)

Nice lantern, by the way, and welcome to the site... :thumbup: :D

3. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

Welcome aboard!:thumbup:

4. Bruce Kuda

Bruce Kuda United States Subscriber

Thanks David-- brand new to this group-- still figuring how things work-- I appreciate you help !!