cleanable vaporisers:

Discussion in 'Pressure Lamp Discussion Forum' started by fishfish, Aug 23, 2019.

1. fishfish

i read all the positive comments on here and found the cash to buy a korean cleanable vaporiser,burns crap.here is a pic of the guardsman using clean fresh fuel etc.i swapped the vapouriser out for a standard tilley one and it burns fine again.your thoughts? tilleyflame..JPG

2. kero-scene Australia

It looks like it’s burning rich to me, so potentially an issue with the jet size.

Has anyone tried the ones sold out of Taiwan?

3. WimVe

WimVe Subscriber

Some time back there where German collectors who made Tilley style vaporizers with Px jets and needles.
    The needle making was the tricky part.
    I made a report on my website with the ones W. Spingmann made.

4. fishfish

5. DP2

I tried one of the all brass versions in a bialaddin lamp and that over fuelled as well but not as bad as the tilley above, it gave a yellowish flame with flames visible outside the mantle, however it runs well in my bowl fire.

6. kero-scene Australia

Yes, it could be that they supplied the wrong jet. But also worth confirming that it has the stainless steel coil spring in the vapouriser as the spring may be important for correct functioning. Make sure the jet has been tightened sufficiently too.

I’ve bought a different product from this seller and it was a really well made product. I’d been thinking of trying one of thes e vapourisers too. So on that basis i’m surprised it doesn’t work - it’s worth asking them for some advice on a solution...

7. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

I haven't tried one but have you checked that the nipple isn't leaking from the threads?

8. Alby

Alby Subscriber

I have had two korean vapourisers from the vendor ,,, gksk2146-3 ... now the first one failed miserably and he refunded me no problem... I use this currently as a fishing weight .. perfect ..
    anyway I thought.... well ... fair enough I have my money back ... I bought another ...now this is well made and as I write this to you its powering a half decent x 246 b which is throwing out some lumens as a I write this ... I have though noted the following which you must ensure to get the best out of the Korean vapouriser.

1. Pressure .. they really do need strong fuel pressure and your lamp and seals must be perfect to ensure a correct strong fuel stream out of them . Check the seals and get really good pressure in the tank font. watch out for a strong stream out and upwards.

2, Adjustment ... the needle adjusts at the top of the rod and you must adust this to achieve
    the best result. Not too much but strong ..

3. Adjustment .. the bottom of the rod also adjusts and with the top needle you can get results .

4. There is a fine metal guaze within , you can take this out and clean it if any dirt/ crap has lodged there .. it may be obtructing fuel flow.

5. Check your burner for space / obstructions .

I run one in a Guardsman ..it is very very good ..

Good luck:thumbup::thumbup:

Alby

9. goldwinger11

goldwinger11 Subscriber

Could it be needing more of a preheat then the original?