Coleman 201 IDF

Discussion in '201' started by Doron Papo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Doron Papo

Doron Papo

Here is a kerosene Coleman model 201 9/1978
    this one was used by the IDF (Israeli Defense force) you can see the marking on the fount
    1293973539-201_IDF.JPG
    here it is in the middle with 3 others found locally all 9/1978
    1293973621-3_sisters.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  2. Reggie

I am hoping one of the owners of an IDF 201 will see this...
    A while back I bought an IDF 201 on eBay from Israel. The Hebrew stencil was mostly scratched off (as well as the Coleman sticker) and painted over with black paint.
    I have cleaned off the black paint and I would like to recreate the stencil. KIMG0429.JPG
    If you have one, I would like to ask you too take and send me a closeup picture with and without a ruler. I will make a stencil, though I doubt I can match the toughness of the paint Coleman used.
    I would also be interested in knowing a source for touch-up paint for the green.

3. ColinG

ColinG United Kingdom Subscriber

I don't know if it's still available but you used to be able to get epoxy paint that came in two parts like the glue. Incredibly tough but a pain to spray without ruining the paint gun so I remember being told.

4. ColinG

ColinG United Kingdom Subscriber

I just checked and the only epoxy paint product I can find is for floors, comes in huge amounts and is only available in a very limited range of colours.

5. Reggie

Hi Colin,
    That is a great idea. I bet it is available, just a matter of searching out a source.
    Of course I will only need a thimble full.
    Thank you for your suggestion.