Coleman 214A700

Discussion in 'Pressure Lamp Discussion Forum' started by Pinzgauer, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Pinzgauer

Hi folks.

I've been given a brand new, unused 214A. Having collected and used Tilley lamps for decades, this thing is a new experience. Some questions before it has its first ordeal by fire....

What is the purpose of the spring clip on the burner assy ? Is it to stop the pre-heater cup "chattering" about in transit, or to hold the cup part way up the vapouriser ?

"Use only clear water white kerosene" the bumf sheet says. Will clean (obviously) paraffin suffice ?

"Use alcohol in the cup". I'm assuming trusty meths will do. I ain't using any of my Single Malts for sure !

Any help/comments appreciated. Many thanks in anticipation.

Mike.

2. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

@Pinzgauer
    G'day Mike
    The clip goes above the spirit cup to stop it riding up and damaging the mantle.
    Clean C2 Paraffin / kerosene is correct . Look at this post. Kerosine . Same as you use in the Tilley's.
    Single malt - No , OP rum - maybee? otherwise your meths will work :).

enjoy your lantern

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  3. Pinzgauer

Many thanks indeed for your reply Martin. Much appreciated. Thanks also for pointing me in the direction of the informative link. I'll fire it up tonight !

Thanks again.

Mike.

4. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

@Pinzgauer
    Your welcome Mike.
    If your 214A has the box and accessories it would be nice to see some pictures in the reference gallery.[-o< :lol:

5. Pinzgauer

Hi Martin. Yes, it did indeed come in its pristine box with all the trimmings. I'm afraid I don't have a working camera at the moment. When I do have one, or can borrow one, I'll try and put up some pics.

Mike.