Coleman 237A January 1966 (US Made)

Discussion in '237, 237A, 237B' started by george, May 24, 2020.

1. george

george United States Subscriber

Picked this up several years ago. Built like a brick outhouse! Great kerosene lantern, very bright, but sucks down the kerosene! These are real work hourses! :D/

20200524_152926.jpg

2. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

It's in fine condition!:thumbup:

3. george

@JEFF JOHNSON Thanks, Jeff. It is in nice shape, even the top is really nice. Only missing some enamel around the bail handle holes. I don't lite this one very often since I would like to keep the top in good shape. These tops take quite a beating due to the high heat the lantern puts out.

4. Alex Smith

Alex Smith United Kingdom Subscriber

@george - Spot on, another lantern from your collection in top condition, a real pleasure to look at.

5. george

@Alex Smith Thanks, Alex. I have tried for years to find lanterns in the best condition I can afford. Now, I have little choice because of the arthritis to keep hunting for the best and affordable ones so I don't have to do a lot of work on them! Have to admit, the Vapalux E41 and 300 wartime lanterns are hard to find in outstanding condition at anything close to a reasonable price without having to take out a second mortgage on the ranch! With one exception, I've had to restore them all! It's half the fun but I have to face reality.
    :-({|=:mrgreen: