Coleman Lamp Generator

Discussion in 'Pressure Lamp Discussion Forum' started by va350, Oct 15, 2011.

1. va350

I have a Coleman Lamp that needs a new generator. I purchased a Q99 generator that I thought would work, it is a little shorter than the origional and when I try to light it I get fuel all over. Two questions, can someone tell me what model number the Lamp is or what is the proper generator to order?

ColemanLamp.jpg

2. va350

I figured it out, I wasn't lighting it correctly. Just found the instructions on how to light a quick-lite lamp.

3. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

Hello and welcome aboard, that lamp is called a CQ., it's well built and very simple in it's design and operation, Jeff.

4. DaveD

If you wanted to an R55 generator will fit most Coleman lamps. It also has a cleaning needle in it.

Dave

5. karli

karli Subscriber

Here you can get one

http://www.lehmans.com/store/Lamps_Lights___Pressurized_Lanterns___Amish_Table_Lamp___107?Args=

You have to preheat the generator, did you do this?

6. rbhodges

I've got a couple of table lamps and as far as a generator that make the lamp a snap to run I like the R55. Just heet it up and light, and if the tip get clogged theres no shutting off the lamp and letting it cool just so you can remove the gen just to prick the nipple. Which mind you can sometimes take several trys before the lamp wants to run rite. With an R55 you simple turn the little wire loop and off she goes. A very good option for a lamp you may want to use. Though not not the gen the lamp was origanaly made with. Have you fired your lamp up yet? Warning these things can become kind of habbit forming.

Rick