Display View

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback & Problems' started by Gary Waller, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Gary Waller

Gary Waller Subscriber

Hi
    Has the forum display / view changed or is this another IPhone anomaly?
    When you view threads now it only displays the text on the R/H half of the screen?
    Gary

2. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

I'd suspect it's a phone issue rather than anything to do with the site. Mind you, I wouldn't know an iPhone if one came and smacked me in the mouth! I've had similar issues once or twice with Android and it's been me accidentally minimising the screen or something daft like that. :oops:

If it's gone to the right, try swiping it to the left - that works for me.

Any changes to the forums are always advised weeks/months in advance...

3. Gary Waller

Gary Waller Subscriber

4. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

Yes, I've had that a couple of times on my Android phone. Just swipe it as I suggested or do that thing with your thumb and forefinger (maximise or minimise) and that puts it back to normal.

A fine figure of a man - despite not having a corpuscle of Scottish blood in him... :lol:

5. Carlsson

Carlsson Sweden Admin/Founder Member

That's the normal look for the site when seen on Android or iPhone, and when these are held in "portrait mode", i.e. upright.
    When you tilt larger phones and tablets to sideways position, the site will generally look more normal.
    When hold upright, only the essential text will show. Scroll to the lower end, and you will see the things you normally see in the right column of a big screen.

6. Gary Waller

Gary Waller Subscriber

@Carlsson its better when I turn the phone to landscape, but still the avatars appear to take most of the screen up with little space for that actual thread, it only started to do this yesterday...](*,)

7. Carlsson

Carlsson Sweden Admin/Founder Member

Ah, I see.
    Oh, well. The site hasn't changed anything, and I know not much about Apple products.
    If the change happened suddenly, I wager that you have updated something on your iPhone. You may not even be aware that you have, since many people don't turn off the automatic update on apps.

8. Gary Waller

Gary Waller Subscriber

Yes it could be the latest apple update however the stove site still displays as it used to. So I’m not sure what it is.

9. Gary Waller

Gary Waller Subscriber

@Carlsson @David Shouksmith
    It’s appears to be the Safari search app that is causing the problem, not sure why, it must be something to do with the latest 14.3 update.
    When I access the site via the Google app the display is as it should be / previously was..:doh: