Evening Star R92066

Discussion in 'The Evening Star' started by James, Aug 14, 2013.

1. James

James Subscriber

This is my Evening Star R92066 table lamp.

The burner is not original and the shade holder is off a Coleman CQ.

The shade is also not original but it is not far off and it cost me next to nothing.

1376515874-p92066a.jpg 1376515878-p92066b.jpg 1376515884-p92066c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. Dan D

Dan D Subscriber

Looks very nice James. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I know that Akron and Evening Star had a relationship, but your lamp has a lot of Evening Star personality, including the authentic generator.

The shade may not be original but it looks really fine on this lamp. I've always liked that graceful extended round shape and the more delicate top.

Dan

3. James

James Subscriber

I think this is a British made lamp as it doesn't seem to resemble any of the Akron lamps. The burner that I put on it may be an Akron import though.

4. loco7lamp

loco7lamp Subscriber

Hi James

According to Jeff a lot of these table lamps have parts from all over the place for when previous owners just needed to keep them going , & they didn't worry about using the correct bits :doh: :D :thumbup:

A very nice lamp though :mrgreen: 8) :thumbup:

Stu :D :thumbup:

5. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

Hello James, the early Evening Star/Kildark lamps were in fact imported Akron lamps.

Your lamp is a later one and Curtis’s & Harvey Ltd., of 51 Garrett Lane, Wandsworth, London, who made and marketed both Kildark and ES., lamps, later changed the burner and the vapouriser and put the ES., logo on their tanks.

Most Kildark lamps are not marked, but a few have turned up with “Kildark British Made” embossed in the tank and some have just the brand stamped in the control wheel. Jeff.