Gday all I've just finished off an X246 out of a number of Tilleys I picked up around Christmas time (noted in one of my other threads). I flushed and polished the tank, disassembled and cleaned everything, renewed all seals and then acid soaked the rust off the frame and redid the frame using VHT Flameproof paint - primer, then the grey topcoat, then satin clear. The tank polished up beautifully from the dull greyish starting point. The hood is just one of my better hoods. Based on the protruding lips it is a later hood than came with the x246, so I admit it looks a little out of place. I'm currently playing with derusting some of the older and poorer condition hoods and will experiment with a few finishes as I can see from other forum threads that there appears to be no perfect solution aside from re-enameling, which I'd have no idea how or where I could get that done in Brisbane or Australia and imagine it would be costly. One thing I noticed with the frame was that during the curing process (three step oven curing), in the second step (30 mins at approx 200 degrees C), I got a little bit of paint bubbling. You can see it on one side around where the handle hooks into the frame. There's also some on the handle. The bubbles seem to have gone rock hard after cooling. Not sure what caused this bubbling - might be that there were some areas where there was still some original paint on the frame. It cannot have been grease etc as this frame went through acid soaking, steel wool, sanding etc before a final soapy wash, rinse and dry prior to painting. This is the first time I've repainted one of these frames. Compared to what I started with I'm happy enough with where this has got to. I've done a burner only test run and all seems ok, so I've thrown in a mantle and will give her a run tonight! Pretty exciting as I have had ALL of my lanterns apart and in varying states of repair and restoration for the last couple of months and this is the only complete one at this moment!