Hasag 22 Real and Virtual

Discussion in 'HASAG' started by Jones the lamp, May 25, 2017.

1. Jones the lamp

Jones the lamp Subscriber

I had posted this lamp before as a Model 25. The base had some masking tape on it that had a faded pencil name on it that was not decipherable. On removal of the tape I saw it was stamped with model number and date No22 and 11 32 which I assume is November 1932. I have made a display case for it to try and keep it in reasonable condition as a live a couple of hundred metres from the Pacific Ocean and the salt air is a bit corrosive. Display.jpg Trimetric.JPG Trimetric Section.JPG Bottom View.JPG Pricker Down Sect.JPG Wire Down Sect.JPG
    The virtual lamp images are; a Trimetric view, an Isometric section view and two close up images of the pricker with the wire in the "down position".
    One of the functions of Solidworks allows for motion of components, to test for functionality and interference. When the knob is turned it moves the pricker up and down.

I have recently purchased a 3D printer, from Aldi, sorry but they are only available in Aldi Australia, and I intend to reproduce some of the cast parts of various lamps and lanterns using the lost wax process. Solidworks can output .STL files for the slicing software that produces the "G" code for the printer. I just have to do a few jobs around the house first.

2. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    @Jones the lamp

Very nice lamp; and very nice illustrations.

Keep us in touch with the 3D printing trials.

Cheers

Tony

3. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

Very nice case, too - good work... :thumbup:

4. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia