Hasag No. 25 (Liliput)

Discussion in 'HASAG' started by Jones the lamp, May 27, 2013.

1. Jones the lamp

Jones the lamp Subscriber

2. karli

karli Subscriber

Wow,

a Liliput as a table lantern.

This is more than seldom

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

3. Jean J

Jean J Subscriber

What an absolutely gorgeous lamp!

4. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

Welcome aboard and that is a fine lamp! :thumbup:

5. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

I think this might be a HASAG 25 not 27. The two models are near identical but 27 is shown in the paper I have as fitted with a Schnellzűndung. I assume that means a quick lighter but whilst I understand Schnell I have no idea what zűndung means and it will not auto translate on the web. Here are the two sets of parts images.

::Neil:: 1369700775-HASAG_21-25.jpg 1369700794-HASAG_23-27.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  6. karli

karli Subscriber

Zündung = ignition = preheater

7. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

Verdammtedeutschezusammengesetztewörter. :lol:

...and damn this forum for insisting on a space in the middle of my word - Donner und Blitzen!

8. Carlsson

Carlsson Sweden Admin/Founder Member

Actually it's the English language that complicates stuff by writing these kind of words apart! ;)

9. Jones the lamp

The reason I nominated it as being a #27 is due to a post by Bo Ryman Topic #1736 Post #4973 From: Lamp reference library, Catalogues and Parts, Germany, Other brands, Liliput #23. On the second page on the right hand side is the sub-assembly K1353. I am assuming that this is what converts the lantern into the table version of the #23 and gives it the designation of #27

10. Jones the lamp

As for the rapid preheating bit. The front page of the parts list quoted in the previous post states, "This lantern burns only Petrol" or "Die Lanterne brent nur mit Benzin!" and "The pre-heating is effected by applying one or two matches" this would be similar to the ignition of a Coleman lantern. The generator/vaporiser also shows a conical shaped cup about 1/3rd the way up that would aid the transfer of heat to the generator. I will modify my Coleman generator to include the cup. This will also align with the hole in the globe for the insertion of the match.

11. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

It is a small point because as far as I can see it is only the generator difference which makes these either 25 or 27. A thin wall generator with an inverted cup will indeed be a 27. I would be interested to see what you had to do to a Coleman generator to make it fit and work in this lamp. I have a #21 lantern with generator missing so it would be good to know so I can repeat your fettle. ::Neil::

12. Jones the lamp

Hi I am attaching some images and a drawing of the pricker assembly. The material is all brass except for the pricker wire which is nichrome wire (0.15mm dia) . This is the wire used to wind resistors. You can also use stainless steel wire. You can source this from satinless steel fishing trace stainless braid. The brass can be obtained through hobby shops that stock K&S Metal. Small metric taps and dies can be sourced cheaply on the internet from India or China. A 0.5mm hole is drilled in the end of the pricker rod, the wire is inserted and a keyless drill chuck is used to swage the wire in place. You will need a good quality chuck, one that will be sized 0-10. Rohm or Albrecht make them. How easy it is depends on what equipment you have. If there is others interested I can make some. The design is similar to the Petromax.

1371452435-DSC01363_opt.jpg 1371452455-DSC01364_opt.jpg 1371452472-img008_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  13. nep036

nep036 Subscriber

Hello @Jones the lamp ,

I am interested in adapting the Coleman generator to a liliput. Which exact burner did you use? Does it screw without any modification into the liliput valve? Will then the lamp work only with Coleman fuel?

Any additional info would be really appreciated.

Nicola

14. nep036

nep036 Subscriber

Additionally I’d like to use a kerosene generator if possible.

I am trying to save a liliput that has been processed and sentenced to death by an artist that destroyed everything possible to pass an electric wire through the organs of this little baby.

15. Jean J

Jean J Subscriber

Sacrilege!

16. nep036

nep036 Subscriber

7CDCBA16-E680-438D-9BE6-DB8F68557EA2.jpeg 21B95ECE-7EDC-4714-91CD-D9F36E99973A.jpeg Hi @Jean J ,

yes! He drilled an hole into the valve just to pass the wire through the generator and don’t know why he used pliers on it so the generator is all deformed and bent. Fortunately I contacted him in time to save all the bits he removed from the lamp, so I need now to braze the hole and see what I can do with the generator.

And after all this destruction the result was a shame and horrible!

Fortunately he has all the bits removed, as well the collar!

17. podbros

podbros United Kingdom Subscriber

They’re total ******s these idiots

they think they are improving the item! Seriously!

I spoke to someone who had electrocuted a Tilley and they were pleased as Punch ...