Hipolito 502 foot valve

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Scotlamp, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Scotlamp

Scotlamp United Kingdom Subscriber

Good day to you all . I stripped my hipolito 502 and I had great difficulty undoing the bottom half of the generator unit .I sort of checked that the foot valve was moving up and down ok . So I continued to overhaul the lamp with existing parts ( parts on order ) I got to the dunk test and no bubbles !! .by the way the gauge was not working. I thought great .then realised It lost pressure . The leakage was from the nozzle needle . cut a long story shorter , I plucked up enough courage to undo the bottom half of the generator valve with a set of mole grips and a good wack from a hammer . I was afraid of the tank distorting . So the moral of this thread is. Check the foot valve pip firstly !!! saves a lot of bother.
    The parts arrived today got the pressure gauge (manometer ) fitted . held pressure very well I changed the lead washer on the pump nrv it was a loose fit , this did not work seems to be to large . I suppose a bit of a flatten with a hammer might reduce the orifice size . and the actual pump is a bit hard to use takes a bit of energy . I will work on the last two issues tomorrow but in the meantime any tips for them would be helpful.

DSC_2526.JPG

2. Scotlamp

Good evening. just an update on this reference using the correct spare parts . (parts from bian-world and hytta.de ) The footvalve (NRV) for the generator was the biggest problem ,
    Got the spare parts and it made this overhaul more enjoyable , the pip in the footvalve had a little brass cone insert to accomodate the generator
    rod. the correct size lead washers perfect fit .The adjustment of the new needle was easier I think because the generator footvalve (NRV) was not so worn.
    Also the advice on here to view the restoration of the petromax ( Author © : Jan Moeller, Germany,) was helpful .
    The needle is just protruding the from the nipple and pressure has been maintained 1.5bar since this morning air only .
    Just going to read around to see what best paraffin to use . DSC_2582.JPG

3. Alex Smith

Alex Smith United Kingdom Subscriber

Good effort on your Hipolito 502, restored one recently, it will be well worth the effort once complete.

4. Scotlamp

Thank you Alex and as you say well worth it " Blinding "
    20190925_201659.jpg 20190925_202115.jpg

5. Scotlamp

Just to confirm it is a Hipolito 502 automatic

6. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

It's cleaned up nicely. Congratulations :thumbup: