It's Kayen AP2 time

Discussion in 'Lamp Action Gallery' started by Buggerlugs, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Buggerlugs

Buggerlugs Australia Subscriber

Hi, I finally got the time to test out my spare parts that I had put aside for emergencies.
    So now that I have more spare parts than is required, just thought I should make up this Kayen AP2 lamp and give her some action time.
    This will be one of my shed lamps that I can use regularly, as most people know here, I have mostly got shelf queens and of course I know you love the money shot so here are some pictures.
    I have cleaned the feeling tube, flushed out the fount, changed over all the seals, made a globe holder not the best at that, so I will get Michael to make me a better one latter on, then gave her a test run, had to change to another control cock valve as the one I had wouldn't shut off properly, also had to change the bail as well I wasn't happy with the shape of the other one.
    You will also notice that I am using a Kayen vaporiser as well, which means 99% Australian parts, I did have to use an aftermarket globe this is as close as I can get to original condition at this time.
    Now I have a complete lamp except for the reflector.
    There will but no cleaning,
    polishing or even a re-spray on this little beauty, she shall stay as is enjoy.

Kayen AP2 Shed 29.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 10.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 13.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 17.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 19.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 21.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 22.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 24.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 26.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 28.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 30.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 31.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 33.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 35.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 36.jpg Kayen AP2 Shed 38.jpg

Another Kayen saved from the scrap heap.

2. BigStevie

BigStevie United Kingdom Subscriber

Well saved fellas! Glad there’s going to be at least one tramp among all those queens!

3. Fireexit1

Fireexit1 United Kingdom Subscriber

A lovley lamp, showing its age and use - proper job fellas :thumbup:

4. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

A grand old lantern!:thumbup:

5. george United States

Really, really nice!!:D/

6. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

A good usable lantern :thumbup:

7. Buggerlugs

Buggerlugs Australia Subscriber

Thanks to all the comments here are some more shots with another Kayen vaporiser.
    I believe this one works better and I've added a reflector as im working on a Pork Pie.
    Unfortunately I don't have the correct hood for this one, so I'm using a X246 black hood, enjoy.
    20210301_075222.jpg 20210301_075243.jpg 20210301_075300.jpg 20210301_075326.jpg

8. podbros

podbros United Kingdom Subscriber

:thumbup: Gives a good light to work by alright...

I do like the aged patina on that Kayen and great pic of work in progress !

Thanks for sharing