Juchat & Corre hollow wire burner

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by Michel, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Michel

Michel Subscriber

This 150 CP Burner is not stamped with the butterfly as was the J&C production.
    This could be a Markhbeein later production in the 20's/30's.
    The patent is from Léon Guilbert in 1908 and was also fitted on table and wall lamps. Leon Guilbert sold the heating and lighting branch of his firm in 1919 to Maurice Juchat and .... Corre. Leon Guilbert is very well known for his production of blowtorch (Express brand)
    J&C, 39 rue Sainte Croix de la Bretonnerie, Paris, IV, was still in activité at the end of 30's.

IMG_8524.JPG IMG_8522.JPG IMG_8528.JPG bec J&C.jpg brevet 1908.jpg

2. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

A well built HW., light!:thumbup:

3. Michel

Michel Subscriber

for the light, you shall have to wait a little ;-)
    I have a separed tank,
    I have to connect it with a mini tube of brass the next days

IMG_5647.JPG IMG_5648.JPG IMG_56492.JPG

4. AussiePete

AussiePete Australia Subscriber

What a delightful lamp. It looks very elegant and I’m looking forward to seeing the pictures of her first light.
    Cheers
    Pete

5. Conny C

Conny C Sweden Subscriber

Nice lamp head, Michel!
    I think you may have a burner head from Maurice Juchat. The Juchat & Corre lamps were marked with
    the "butterfly" on the manometer of the HW tanks and not on the burner cowls. Portable lamps were probably
    stamped onto the founts, as could be seen on Neil´s wall lamp. With the undated paperwork I have I can see that
    on later catalogue papers, the lighting section does not include the J & C butterfly logo. That is however present in the
    catalogue section for the stoves. All these later catalogues papers just have the letterhead of Maurice Juchat.
    So somewhere down the line, Corre disappears. I think Maurice Juchat still used that J & C butterfly logo, as it probably
    was well known.
    I also think Markhbeinn just sold the L.G. burner head in a business deal with Maurice Juchat, no own production.

/Conny

inverted GL burner head.jpg Markhbeinn hollow wire lamp as Juchat et Corre kopiera.jpg Maurice Juchat letterhead.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019