Kelite KD1

Discussion in 'Kitson' started by Kenny Connolly, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Kenny Connolly

admin: split from this thread

Hi Neil here is mine finish cleaned of a some point i guess..never run it yet just never got round to it ..

kenny

1294243848-HPIM0154.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  2. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

Which b urner does it have? Lilke mine or the earlier one with a spiral coil around the generator. I know the type I have are an easy fettle to run. Just a generator clean and you are good to go. ::Niel::

3. Kenny Connolly

Neil the burner is the same as your one.
    must give it a run some day soon...

kenny

4. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

I have a three of these burners one in a table lamp like yours and one in an indoor do nut lamp. The third is a bigger one in the outdoor do nut but the same type. Easy to fettle and clean out. I did have a problem with the indoor do nut because the gas tip was rusted and the conical outlet was pitted. The pitting meant the gas stream wandered and did not always run true into the mixing tube and I could not run the lamp. So I had Malcolm machine the nipple flat to remove the upper part with the conical depression so the jet hole is now flush with the top of the jet. That solved the problem and now it runs very well. You do need lots of meth to preheat though. The generator and gas tip are thick heavy metal and need lots of pre heat to get to vapour temp. ::Neil::