KITSON MODEL A

Discussion in 'Kitson' started by Kenny Connolly, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Kenny Connolly

This is Kitson model A as far as i can tell it is a 600cp out door do nut it is of all steel construction and i would say from around the early 1920s i found this complete lamp in very good condition just a quick clean and resprayed the tank and away she went with a bit of playing around with the nipple i got a good bright light 600cp or not ?? i dought it
    but a very nice early lamp...
    kenny.... 1319383458-kitson_g.jpg 1319383497-kitson_h.jpg 1319383570-kitson_f.jpg 1319383587-kitson_e.jpg 1319383618-kitson_b.jpg 1319383766-kitson_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Subscriber

I sometimes wonder where you guys find these lamps! :thumbup:
    Really well restored I must say, it looks beautifully! ;)

3. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

Hello Kenny, that's an excellent find! :thumbup: Jeff.

4. Kenny Connolly

Thanks guys, this one found me but i had nothing realy to do to it just a clean and check it over..

kenny..

5. rbhodges

Who was the primary market for these large doughnut lamps. They look more like industrial or commercial lighting apliances.

Rick

6. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

These Kitson A models are actually not all that big. Mine is 17 inches tall without the glass an 11 inches diameter. This one is the same as mine and a rare survivor being only the second one I know of. Main use would have been anywhere outside where light was required or inside in an industial situation. Kitson did a lot of factory stuff and I suspect their main business was commercial rather than domestic. These date from before 1922 because the company name changed then so say 1915 to 1922 will be about right. The burner/generator is very simple and they are an very easy fettle to run. The only real problem is with the jets because they are steel and a little rust pitting around the jet hole can ruin the burn. Mine does not do 600 cp either but it does give around 450 cp which is a serious light. Nice to see this one going. ::Neil::