1. Jim_L

Hello everyone. My first post here.
    I have what I'm sure is an L316 here. The only problem is that there are no markings on it that I can find, and I have looked very closely.
    I replaced the globe with one from Craig Seabrook and also made a bail and handle for it. All of the rest is original except for the packing in the generator.
    1294376166-100_3037_opt.jpg
    Please excuse the background. I just wanted to get something posted on here. If it's a problem I can take another photo and repost it.
    Jim

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  2. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

An excellent find! :thumbup:

3. Bob M

Bob M R.I.P.

Hi Jim,
    Most excellent Arc lantern! Nice to see you made it here.

Bob

4. furry flivver

Hi Jim: Other than hollow wire stuff I have always felt this was the "holy grail" of Coleman lanterns. They were sold by many different companies and I have seen more unmarked than marked. I have had bits of this lantern through the years, but the complete lantern and it's successor has eluded me. I resolved myself to be happy as a Quick-Lite guy. My congratulations to you, very cool lantern. They made a fair number of these over a number years yet the are scarce unless you own a bank or two. Mike...

5. USDAN57

USDAN57 R.I.P.

Jim I saw one at our convention get traded for an FL-6 with the wood tripod.Guy turned around and sold it in the same isle two seconds later. Dan

6. Jim_L

Thanks guys. And thanks for the welcome Bob.
    As some of you know, this was my Fathers Day gift from last year. Still kinda giddy about it.
    Jim

7. thesteve1000

How did you know the size of the bail and handle? I need to make a set for a new purchase and was wondering if it is possible to estimate the measurements from pictures and compare to the rest of the lantern, or if I need one to take measurements from an original.