Lead /aluminium washer on Opt 930

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by lampelus, Dec 18, 2016.

1. lampelus

lampelus Subscriber

Hello

Asking for advice again. One of my Opt 930 was slowly loosing pressure and leaking kerosene. Problem was burner connection to the tank.Just had to tighten it. But then the wheel for cleaning needle would not align up. According to the drawings there is first a lead packing (#2626) and on top of that a aluminium washer (#2755). I had to add a lead washer on top the aluminium to make things right.Is that ok ? Will do a test burn tonight

Thanks Bjørn

2. Nils Stephenson

Nils Stephenson Founder Member

I havn't looked at any parts list and would have expected there was only a lead washer there. At least that is what there is on most other lamps so why shouldn't it work on a 930 as well. I only use a lead washer when I refurbish a 930.

3. Trojandog

Trojandog Subscriber

My two only have a lead washer. Putting an aluminium washer on the lead washer would seem to defeat the purpose of having a lead washer.

Terry

4. lampelus

lampelus Subscriber

Thanks

The drawings found at Fogas and clearly shows two washers in use.

Bjørn

5. Fjellot

I have only used lead washers between the tank and the lower vaporizer assembly when servicing. Aluminum washers is used between the lower and upper vaporizer parts on some lanterns (ex.radius 119) iw serviced due to the heat.

//Fjellot