M1004 Lantern

Discussion in 'Thomas Kerosafe' started by Glenn, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Glenn

M1004 Kerosafe lantern. As the name implies, it is run on kerosene. These are not too often seen with the original mica globes with the grommeted holes for the air vents. This one has been fitted with what looks like a Coleman R55 generator and I was able to get it to burn very good. I have another with a compromised fount that I plan on swapping for the original genny 1294195735-kero_shelf_opt.jpg 1294195773-Kero-Safe_M1004_Burnin_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  2. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

I've got one of these - dismantled, in a box, somewhere... :(

One of the first lanterns I ever got, it cost me all of a fiver (£5 i.e. about $US7.5) and has the original globe with it, although both the air-intake ends are missing.

Good to know there's a possibility of a replacement generator. Mine has the original but it's a bit rough and there's no needle on the end of the pricker...

3. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

I found the box containing the various pieces the other day and with the help of the image above, the lantern is back together again. I'm glad to say nothing went missing over the decade or so since I took it apart. :oops:

I'll see if I get time over the next few days to find out if it runs, although I'm not holding out much hope - the generator is very well-used, to put it mildly. We'll see...

If anyone can help with the air-intake ends and the wire link for the pricker control (which I've never had), I'd be more than grateful. [-o<

4. hudstone

Hello, I am trying to establish a value for this lantern. It is it is actually in very close in condition to this one. Thanks

5. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    Valuations are not given here at CPL... I suggest looking at auction sites for comparisons.

Cheers

Tony