Need help with Coleman 275 shrader valve

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback & Problems' started by Josh Finney, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Josh Finney United States

Hello,
    I am trying to follow online help and rebuild an old 275 I picked up from my great uncle.
    I was doing fine until I got to the fuel tube where the shrader valve should be but all the removes when I unscrew is a small brass cap that the fuel rod runs through. I cant seem to remove anymore and nothing looks like a shrader valve down in that tube. Were there some 275s made with no shrader.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Toby Garner

Toby Garner United States Subscriber

Is your lantern a 275 or 275A? Both used Schrader valves, but the 275 also had a metering rod in the F/A tube where the A did not. I have used heat to get broken Schrader's out in the past... Just make sure the sealing surfaces of the Schrader valve are good and clean before re-assembly.

3. Josh Finney United States

Thanks for the response. It is a 275. I will try to take some pictures and post them later today. I put the lantern back together last night and I get pressure built up when I pump but no fire at all when I try to light. I will take it back apart and see if I can use some heat to get that valve out. It just doesn't look like there is a valve in there. All i see is a spring and what looks like the top of the pin/bar that moves us and down to allow fuel in. Maybe I just need to dig down in there some more. Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Josh

4. Josh Finney United States

I'm still having trouble getting this a part. Is the Schrader valve down in there. Hopefully you can see in the pics.
    Thankd

Attached Files:

5. Fireexit1

Fireexit1 United Kingdom Subscriber

Not sure if this helps: (found via search engine)
    275 pic.jpg

275-710.jpg

Also - If you do not have a schrader tool, one might be helpful ?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021 at 10:20 AM
  6. newfie

Part #5 in @Fireexit1's image is what you need to remove.

If you haven't bought the replacement part yet it's available on www.oldcolemanparts.com. Search for valve core.

If you heat up the fuel/air tube with a small propane torch that valve core should be easy to get completely out.

7. Josh Finney United States

Thanks,
    I actually have ordered replacement parts however I did heat the unit up last night and got it out. Replaced the Schrader valve but still had no fire. I spend much time cleaning the generator which I believe was the main issue and I finally got it to work. I have a refurbed generator coming so I think I have it in the right direction. Thanks for the help and advice.