I was sent this poor neglected Vapalux 300 by a member to see if I could bring it back from the dead. Challenge accepted! This is as it was originally... and some close up photos... The first step was disassembly and stripping the paint followed by a long soak in Rust Destructor. Rust treatment alone wasn't going to shift all of the corrosion so between dunking sessions I used a brass rotary wire brush to get rid of every last trace - not something I'd do to brass but with steel you don't have a lot of choice unless you have an electrolysis set-up which I don't. This took some time! Next I used a spray filler/primer. This sealed the surface and showed where the worst of the pitting was. I determined that the frame didn't need as much work as the tank so it received a couple of initial coats ready be baked in the oven. I set it to 70c which seems to be the best trade off between speed of curing the paint and risking out-gassing of the solvent which can cause blistering and the dreaded crackle effect! Filling and rubbing down was next. This needed to be repeated a number of times until all the Pitting had been filled and rubbed down. Then it went back in the oven for a final long bake to cure everything thoroughly. The pump, filler cap, control valve and pre-heater cup were then stripped and polished ready for finalassembly. l then protected the surface of the paint with fuel resistant lacquer... Then it went back in the oven again for a final cure at 70c. Once that was complete I wanted to assemble everything to see how it looked. This isn't quite the end however. I need to coat the inside of the tank with thinned epoxy sealant as a precaution. Given the level of corrosion I can't be sure there aren't any holes. I genuinely don't think there are any but once it's sealed I'll be happy and it'll be ready for a test. When it's ready I'll add a money shot or two.