New member - thought I'd best introduce myself

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by aidin, Aug 4, 2019.

1. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

heloo i am iranian
    name: aidin
    i am nathing spick einglish
    i am very love gas lamp & petrol lamp % lantern & stove camp

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

من دیوانه ام و خیلی دوست دارم بنزین و لامپ گاز و فانوس و اجاق گاز

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2019
  2. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

i am very hapy to yor sait: classicpressurelamps
    i am nathing spick inglisg sari

3. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

4. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

Welcome aboard!:thumbup:

5. Jean J

Jean J Subscriber

Don’t worry about your English Aidin, you speak the language of lamp, lantern and stove lovers on this site!

6. WimVe

WimVe Subscriber

Welcome, nice lamps !

7. ColinG

ColinG United Kingdom Subscriber

Hello Aidan and welcome to the site! You have a very nice collection that I'm sure will grow larger! Also, the last lantern that has a brass tank and a red top... I have not seen that type before, can I ask what make it is?

8. X246A

X246A United Kingdom Subscriber

سلامآیدین

بهانجمنخوشآمدیدشماچندلامپجالبدرآنجادارید.

بااحترامجرمی

Hi Aidin

Welcome to the forum. You have some interesting lamps there.

Regards Jeremy

9. AussiePete

AussiePete Australia Subscriber

@aidin Welcome to the forum from Queensland Australia. Lots of friendly help and knowledge here, all you got to do is ask.
    Cheers
    Pete

10. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

Welcome to CPL @aidin .
    You have some lovely lanterns and stoves. :thumbup:

11. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

سلام از همه شما متشکرم
    مکالمات شما را با مترجم گوگل ترجمه می کنم و تا حدی می فهمم
    من همیشه به سایت شما مراجعه می کردم اما چون انگلیسی صحبت نمی کردم عضو نبودم

اما اکنون می توانم جملات انگلیسی خود را با کمک یک مترجم به انگلیسی ترجمه کنم.
    باز هم ممنون از استقبال دوستانه شما
    [QUOTE = "JEFF JOHNSON، post: 102953، عضو: 14"] خوش آمدید سوار شوید! : انگشت شست:[/ QUOTE]

[QUOTE = "Jean J، post: 102956، عضو: 377"] نگران ایدین انگلیسی خود نباشید ، شما در این سایت با زبان لامپ ، فانوس و اجاق گاز صحبت می کنید! [/ QUOTE]

[QUOTE = "WimVe ، پست: 102959 ، عضو: 427"] خوش آمدید ، لامپ های خوب! [/ QUOTE]

[QUOTE = "ColinG ، ارسال: 102964 ، عضو: 3140"] سلام آیدن و به سایت خوش آمدید! شما یک مجموعه بسیار زیبا دارید که مطمئنم بزرگتر می شود! همچنین آخرین فانوس که مخزن برنجی و بالای سرخ آن وجود دارد ... من قبلاً آن نوع را ندیده ام ، می توانم بپرسم چه چیزی ساخته شده است؟ [/ QUOTE]

[QUOTE = "X246A ، پست: 102969 ، عضو: 161"] سلامآیدین

بهانجمنخوشآمدیدشماچندلامپجالبدرآنجادارید.

بااحترامجرمی

سلام آیدین

به انجمن خوش آمدید شما چند لامپ جالب در آنجا دارید.

با احترام جرمی [/ QUOTE]

[QUOTE = "ROBBO55 ، پست: 102977 ، عضو: 1853"] به CPL [USER = 4643]aidin [/ USER] خوش آمدید.
    شما چند فانوس و اجاق گاز زیبا دارید. : انگشت شست:[/ QUOTE]

12. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

Hello dear friend It is better to say love language
    Love the old oil lanterns
    A language of love and kindness is possible even by looking
    In our world today, our country has been declared a war-torn country but anyone who has seen Iran knows that Iran has long been a country of peace and friendship.
    Our country is boycotted and the original spare parts are rarely found and most of the parts are Chinese but we still love to pursue our interests and find it any way we can.
    I've repaired more than 40 50 lanterns and oil lamps myself

13. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

Hello
    The brand is the Canadian colman brand

This lamp was made of chrome-plated brass alloy but I took it and chrome plated and it turned golden and beautiful
    There was a lighter under the light and the light was working with gasoline.
    Under the lights there was a stone lighter which was very special
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

Hi Jeremy and Dear Robbo
    I had a lot of oil lamps and still have a lot
    I sold some of them and sometimes regretted it
    The photos you saw were not all my lights I still have old and antique lights
    From Germany and Sweden
    There are many antiques in Iran
    All the lights that I have after so many years
    Also, the old and broken lights and the servant will be rebuilt to be renewed
    My job is not buying and selling lights, but sometimes I sell the lights
    In Iran, dollars and euros are expensive and these items will be very cheap with your money
    for you

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I repaired these lights all by myself
    The third photo is the accessories I found hard to find
    Last photo of an old man who is forgotten and has some spare parts in his shop.
    Because most of the shops that have spare parts and lights repair

15. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

[​IMG]
    This is the optimus r8 lamp so for now I have two of them open. I bought about $ 50 for every 800,000 tomans
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The top light is haipolito in Portugal, which I bought 5 servings for 400,000 tomans or about 25 US dollars
    The bottom three photos of Optimus Lantern cost $ 600,000 for about $ 37
    I bought a cook for $ 600,000 for about $ 37 and a burner for $ 400,000 for $ 25
    n Iran, of course, inflation is high and prices are rising
    For a while, these lights were up in the market as if they were an old warehouse that had been abandoned for years and old stuff was found inside.
    It is getting lower now and prices are going up

[​IMG]
    This is an old lightbulb from a century ago. It works with gas or alcohol so I bought it at a cheap chance but it was a high price and I would never sell it.
    [​IMG]

This lamp you probably know very well is made in Ireland, and in the past it was English, I bought it at a bargain price of about $ 30
    But a friend of the business and collectibles, even though I knew I was cheap, didn't want to sell me for $ 150, but she begged and bought.
    [​IMG]
    This is a Russian light
    [​IMG]
    This is also Russian, I have about 10 of them and I gave them the color of the body.
    [​IMG]
    These lights were chrome-colored in Iran and wiped out the rice and the rice, which is golden in color, comes out
    [​IMG]
    This is one of the two previous golden lights of the German aida brand before it became golden

16. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

[​IMG]
    This is the same colman light before it turns golden

17. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

I have a lot of lights and will be posting more photos in the futu

18. Carlsson

Carlsson Sweden Admin/Founder Member

That's very nice, Aidin.
    You have a lot of interesting lamps.
    Would you please be so kind to upload the photos to the forum in the future?
    We don't like third party image hostings since the pictures will dissapear as soon as you change or delete your account at that service (uupload.ir in your case).

Just click on the button saying "Upload a file" in the lower right corner, as seen here:
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    Then you can add many pictures from your computer directly to our site.
    And when you have a certain interesting lamp, we would be happy if you posted just one model at the time, and in the Reference Gallery here under the correct country and maker.

Stoves will go to our sister site "Classic camp stoves", where you also are very welcome!

19. Matti Kucer

Matti Kucer Sweden Subscriber

Welcome to the forum

20. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

Hi thanks
    Thank you so much for teaching me how to upload your photo
    Yes, absolutely, uploading to another site will delete the photos after a while
    Honestly, as I said I don't know the language, we will communicate with the translator
    I hope you'll forgive me if my statements are incorrect
    By the way I like to take more pictures but here is a typical introduction and I said it might not be right to take many pictures
    If there is a type that can fit all my photos, please let me know

Attached Files:

21. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

I'm sorry I continued translating your message and saw you say where I can put my photo from now on.

22. Carlsson

Carlsson Sweden Admin/Founder Member

Yes, we like every lamp to be placed in a topic of its own. It is just the structure of this site so it will be easy to find particular models for people who come in and search later on.

Another thing to do once you have uploaded files the site, is that you need to actually place the pictures in your post.
    You have two options once files have been uploaded:
    Thumbnail or Full image.
    Just choose the most suitable. For many pictures, Thumbnail is preferred. But for just one or a few pictures, choose Full Image.

Look at the screenshot below.
    The arrow with the text Marker is where the text marker was at the moment of the screenshot. That's where the picture or pictures will be placed once you have clicked any of the two buttons below saying Thumbnail (thick arrow) or Full Image (thinner arrow).
    So please check where the marker is before clicking either picture button.

Sounds complicated when describing, but it is really easy once you have done it.
    And it will make your posts look so much better.

Good luck, and please don't hesitate to practice in the practice forum here. Test to upload and insert pics there. Posts will be deleted by themselves after some time.

Skärmklipp.JPG

23. BigStevie

BigStevie United Kingdom Subscriber

Hello Aidin and welcome from Scotland. Thank you for sharing your photos, very interesting.
    Good luck with your restoration projects!

Stevie

24. ColinG

Hello again Aidin. Your post has opened a window on a part of the world I knew nothing about except from the news. You have an excellent collection and you have done a great job bringing them all back to life to provide light in the darkness.

25. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

Hello
    Thank you so much
    How much do you think prices are or cheap compared to your country?
    For example, I bought a LANTERN PETROMAX lamp in Iran for a brand new cardboard kit and accessories for about $ 60
    In my opinion, these prices are very low compared to your country and Europe because our national currency is very worthless
    What would have been the price if that Petromax Akband lamp were in your country?
    Of course, it's hard to find such lights and you have to go back a lot

26. ColinG

It is extremely hard to know really. A lot of people sell their lanterns on eBay and sometimes they sell for a lot of money and at other times you can get a bargain. If 2 or 3 of our members make bids on a very nice lantern the price can go up and up!

May I ask, what lamps and lanterns do you find commonly in Iran? In the UK we se a lot of Tilleys, Bialadins and also Coleman so I am interested to know what is common where you are.

27. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

IMG_20190304_231401.jpg
    hi
    In Iran, there is more of this type of old lantern cp500 lamp with different brands such as aida, petromax, optimus, Sweden and Coleman America, which are mostly old and outdated, as well as various Chinese lamps that are all important with anchor, butterfly and cat brands.
    TimePhoto_۲۰۱۹۰۷۰۱_۱۸۵۱۵۱.jpg
    In the case of cook lamps, most of them are Swedish with the brands Optimus and Perimus in Sweden, and petromax and aida are less well-aged and old.
    IMG_۲۰۱۹۰۴۱۵_۲۰۳۴۱۷.jpg

There have been a lot of optimus lamps in Iran recently that I initially suspected to be fake, but all Swedish in carton with all the accessories and manuals.
    IMG_۲۰۱۹۰۴۲۲_۰۳۰۳۳۰.jpg IMG_۲۰۱۹۰۴۱۸_۱۹۳۸۲۹.jpg IMG_۲۰۱۹۰۵۱۹_۲۱۵۲۴۱.jpg IMG_۲۰۱۹۰۶۱۰_۱۲۲۷۲۶.jpg IMG_20190804_140428.jpg IMG_20190804_140535.jpg

But sometimes there are even fewer lights depending on the chance I put their photos above, such as the lantern petromax with carton and notebook.
    How much would you think if this lantern petromax lamp was brand new with cartons, boxes, and wrenches in England? I mean how many pounds was it worth?
    I want to compare prices
    In Iran, it costs from $ 50 to $ 120 at least, because a single item varies depending on the seller, but does not cost more than $ 120.
    All photos above are from my own collection
    I also have a whole lot of spare parts and accessories

28. ColinG

I just checked on eBay UK and there are only two Petromax lamps for sale - an Aladdin Petromax 200cp that has reached £73 with 8 hours left to go and a Petromax HK500 with 3 days left... but it's not actually a Petromax! It's actually a Britelyt from America. It's currently at £43 but I don't think it will reach that price because it is not described accurately!

For an Optimus or a Primus lantern, maybe from £50 - £150 depending on the model and what condition it is in.

I think most collectors here in the UK are not so much interested in the monetary value as much as the historic value or the pleasure they give. Also, a lot of collectors enjoy finding a lantern that has been left in a poor condition and bringing it back to life again. Some like to re-spray and polish so the lamp looks like new, while some like the signs of age and only want to make sure it functions properly.

As a group, we are very generous with help and sometimes we even exchange parts or accessories if we have something that another member needs, but posting to other countries can be a big problem as postal services and courier companies have been known to object strongly to carrying objects that contain fuel, even if it is drained out. There have even been occasions when our Royal Mail has destroyed stoves or lamps because they thought they were dangerous!!!

29. scl

scl Subscriber

a very good welcome to you. i have a bialaddin and 5 petromax lanterns, one has been electrified by a previous owner but if i find a good fount it will burn once again. it is an 829 super rapid.

30. aidin Iran, Islamic Republic of

IMG_20190814_160903.jpg IMG_20190814_160917.jpg IMG_20190814_160958.jpg IMG_20190814_161009.jpg IMG_20190814_161050.jpg
    IMG_۲۰۱۹۰۸۱۳_۱۰۲۸۵۶.jpg
    Hello
    Yesterday I bought an old lamp with the brand Optimus
    All parts of factory lights are branded optimus isj
    From an old neighborhood in Tehran
    I want to gold the body and then serve to light it up
    Of course, when I had free time