1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newark Gathering 1 - 3 June 2018 - Official Announcement

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by spiritburner, Jun 11, 2017.

1. spiritburner

spiritburner United Kingdom Admin Subscriber

The 16th CCS/CPL Annual UK Gathering - Newark

1-3 June 2018

You are welcome to join us for the annual gathering at Smeatons Lakes, Newark, Nottinghamshire.

[​IMG]
    Collectors of stoves, pressure lamps & blowlamps are all welcome. Please bring along some of your collection for display! It is also a great opportunity for swaps & trading with other collectors!

Originally a weekend event, many people now arrive early. The field is booked from the Wednesday at our special rate. Please come along even if it's for the Saturday night.
    No need to book but if possible drop me a PT to let me know you're coming so I have a rough idea of numbers.

Cost is £7 per night per tent, caravan or campervan. Extra tents or gazebo's housing displays are free.

We look forward to seeing you there!

More info: DO NOT BOOK IN at reception. Please just pop in to reception & tell them you are attending the Classic Camp Stove's rally or the 'lamp & stove rally' & they will likely point you in the right direction. I will collect the pitch fees during the event.

A key-card for the main gate barrier is available for a £5 deposit. If you are arriving after 6pm please park up & walk around to the rally field & borrow someone's card to gain access. If the warden is still about & sees you she may let you in herself but please don't disturb her otherwise. Alternatively, from Thursday give me a ring on the mobile & I will let you in. Email me for tel. number. There is a height restriction barrier which is closed around 8pm, preventing high vans or caravans entering or leaving the site. If it is closed you will need to park up until the following morning. It may be possible to come to some arrangement with the warden so if this is an issue give the site a ring. Normal vehicles are not affected.

The normal rate for the site is £15-17 per night for 2 people with a car. Our discount rally rate of £7 per night per tent, caravan or campervan does not include use of the main toilet & shower block. We do have access to the basic mens & womens portakabin toilet right by the rally field the site which is just toilet & sink. Also the Anglers toilet as in previous years. If you wish to use the showers in the main block by reception there is a fee to pay (£1 I think). The shower block uses a numerical key entry system. In the past some people have paid their fee & passed the number around. This has upset the site manager & as a result you may find they open the door for you rather than giving you the code. If we are trusted again this year please respect the system & pay the fee otherwise it may be difficult to secure the venue or goodwill in future years.

We are also asked to keep dogs on leads & not allow them to foul the rally field - obviously accidents do happen in which case you are respectfully asked to clean up after your dog. The site provide a dog walk area.
    There is fishing available on site but it needs to be booked in advance.

There are no hookups on the rally field

TRADERS - For Trade application please contact me by private conversation.

Smeatons Lakes - website
    Download this page as a PDF

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  2. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

Great Lumley - cultural capital of N.E. England
    Brilliant - it's in my diary... :thumbup: :D/

3. David

David United Kingdom Subscriber

Will put in my holiday request tomorrow [-o<

4. David Shouksmith

Are we going to be in the paddock/panhandle field as this year or the large rally field? Just wondrin'... 8]

5. spiritburner

spiritburner United Kingdom Admin Subscriber

Same as this year & spread out as necessary. This part of the field is the most popular choice.

6. David Shouksmith

Thanks Ross... :)

7. X246A

X246A United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi Ross and all

Thanks for the very early date for 2018. Holiday booked and a "new face" will be in attendance.

Regards, Jeremy

8. David Shouksmith

9. X246A

Thanks David. I must confess a certain amount of trepidation meeting so many lampie greats for the first time. Regards, Jeremy

10. Henry Plews United Kingdom

Hi Jeremy,

No need for trepidation. From the newbie to the most experienced, from the one who struggles to hold a pair of pliers to the skilled machinist, all are made welcome.

Henry.

11. X246A

Hi Henry.

Thanks for the kind words and I know what you say is correct but I'm just a shy Norfolk lad at heart. It took me two years to pluck up the courage to display at Wheels by Lamp Light at Ipswich.

Regards, Jeremy

12. Henry Plews United Kingdom

Well I've been known to be "a bit backward at coming forward" myself.
    Although you may not know what they look like, you actually know most of those who will be there because of your presence here at CPL ! Come along and put faces to names.

There'll be plenty of stove to admire too.

Henry.

13. X246A

Thanks Henry, I'll be there and will probably see you at Ipswich again in October.

Regards, Jeremy

14. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Founder Member

Laugh.gif

15. X246A

Oh Trevor! ;-)

16. Henry Plews United Kingdom

17. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Founder Member

Henry, you were much missed at Newark in June.

18. Henry Plews United Kingdom

Trevor, I would have loved to have been there but unfortunately, it clashed with the rally at Newby Hall (near Ripon) which is always the second weekend in June. The Newark meet however, depends on where the bank holiday falls and therefore moves about a bit, hence the clash and my infrequent attendance at Newark. Looks like I'll be able to attend both in 2017 though, so be prepared!

Will we be seeing you and David at Barnard Castle ?

Henry.