Nulite Model 5.

Discussion in 'Nulite- National Stamping and Electric Co' started by MrAlexxx, Jun 6, 2018.

1. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

Nulite Model 5 has the original resellers decal still on it. Another More Light Limited of Vancouver BC Canada marketed lantern. The original umbrella type generator was long gone but came fitted with a functional Coleman R55 I believe? I shall endeavour to try to find one of those. Someone had hacked away the burner cross support piece on one side so will have to get a piece of small flat bar and remake that. They also hacked away some material from the frame around the pump plunger which if you don't know has virtually zero clearance for your fingers so maybe thats a good idea but I'll clean that up because the edges are quite sharp now. Don't ask me how I know that. :D lol Other than that I swapped out the old cork pip and while doing that found that someone had fashioned a small piece of round wood to fit into the hex nut pip holder behind the spring. I'm reasoning probably to give more pressure against the pip holder. I removed that and gave the spring a tiny stretch. Reassembled and seems to work perfectly after that. Also punched out a new fuel cap gasket and surprisingly the old pump leather cup responded well to some Neatsfoot oil massage. For test purposes used a Coleman stunt globe and then later put the ratty mica that it came with on. Definitely looks better with the mica ratty or not. It's not a beauty by any stretch of the imagination but it does have some local connection and lit right up and burned nicely. I'll give it a bit more of a clean as time permits.

DSC07869 - Copy.JPG DSC07868.JPG DSC07874__1528247599_96.55.107.214[1].jpg DSC07871.JPG

2. Norman

Norman United States Subscriber

@MrAlexxx

Hi,

Wonderful lantern you have thank you for sharing.

I’m sure you already know this but Mike at Oldcolemanparts has the Nulite reproduction generator/vaporizer. These aren’t cheap but it would bring your Nulite back to mostly original. I don’t know where you live but Mike does ship internationally. He also has new old stock of the R55 generator/vaporizer.

If you are interested in getting a new Mica for your lantern Mike can help with this also.

Here is the link or the Nulite vaporizer.

OldColemanParts.com :: Just Generators :: Lantern Generators :: Nulite Generator Reproduction

Cheers,

Norman

3. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

A grand old lantern!:thumbup::thumbup:

4. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    Nice work, @MrAlexxx. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

@Norman

He lives over the border from you...

Cheers

Tony

5. Norman

Norman United States Subscriber

@Tony Press

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the information.

When they removed the flags it made it a bit harder for me to figure out where the member is from.

@MrAlexxx

If you happen to come on down to the Kalama, WA area you can go in to Mike's shop and purchase a few items also saving shipping cost.

Cheers,
    Norman