1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimus 200 excentre block differences

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by phaedrus42, Nov 7, 2017.

1. phaedrus42

phaedrus42 South Africa Subscriber

Somerset West, near Cape Town, South Africa
    I just received an Optimus 200 that I bought from a seller in Sweden. It was sold as complete but disassembled. The vapouriser and inner hood are Radius with the jet marked 102/28.

The problem is that the lower vapouriser thread is a smaller diameter than the vapouriser nut thread.
    Also, the hexagonal part is about 1mm smaller on the LHS one.

Fortunately I have spare Optimus 200 upper and lower vapourisers and inner hoods.

Below on the left is the vapouriser with the smaller diameter screw thread. On the right is my spare.

Can anyone perhaps shed some light on these differences?

optimus200-lower-vapourisers.jpg

2. Nils Stephenson

Nils Stephenson Denmark Founder Member

The one on the left is from an Optimus 200, the one on the right is from an Optimus 200P (I think from a later variation).

3. phaedrus42

So if I understand correctly, the "standard" 200-250cp vapouriser that fits various Petromax, Hipolito, etc. models also fits the Optimus 200P but not the Optimus 200? What about the Optimus 1200, Radius 102, 103, etc?

4. Nils Stephenson

Nils Stephenson Denmark Founder Member

I'm not sure about the 1200 without checking it, but all other parts followed the same style as the 200 and 200P models. I am fairly certain that the Radius 102 parts are more similar to the 200P sizes, but again can't be positive without checking. Of course the 103 is a 300cp lantern so is a different size all together. :)

5. phaedrus42

Thanks, Nils. I did a comparison and the excenter block top screw thread and upper vapouriser is the same as Optimus 210 but different to Optimus 200P, Petromax 250 etc.
    I've approached the seller in Sweden with the problem but he did not accept responsibility so I have lodged a dispute with Paypal claiming half the cost of a new replacement Optimus 200 vapouriser based on Fogas's price.

6. phaedrus42

I'm happy to report that the seller has agreed to refund half the price of a new vaporiser using Fogas's pricing as a reference. I have replaced the 200 excenter block with a 200P excenter block and will use a standard 250cp vapouriser. That makes the lamp a bit of a hybrid, but at least it will be working, which is what I intended when purchasing it.