1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos size

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback & Problems' started by Juan, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Juan Argentina

Hello.

Still 100 kb is the size for the pictures to be uploaded?

Thank you.

Juan

2. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    @Juan

Images can be up to 9MB, but less than 30 million pixels.

Cheers

Tony

3. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Founder Member

Exactly correct Tony. Photos can be uploaded using the 'Upload a File' button or just highlighted (singly or multiple) and dragged into the text window. The site software does all the rest for you. No need to scale your image down unless it is more than 30,000,000 pixels - i.e. your camera is taking too high a quality photo for web use.

4. Juan Argentina

Great, thank you both.

5. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Founder Member

Great Lumley - cultural capital of N.E. England
    Yeah, on the old forum(s), I had my camera set to take images 640x480 pixels and I could then post them here direct without any faffing about resizing them. But what Trevor says about quality is true - many supposed problems with posting images were actually to do with camera settings and not the forums. Anyway, that's all in the past now and I (we) can post any images without hassle - great stuff! :thumbup: - although we do still have occasional problems with people not selecting 'Full Size' or 'Thumbnail when they're uploading images...

6. Carlsson

Carlsson Sweden Admin/Founder Member

Not to mention the bloody rotated images we suffer from nowadays when people don't use real cameras, but rather their mobile phones and tablets.
    The photo quality is OK with these devices, but it would be good if people learned to use them in the correct, dedicated, way when taking photos.
    But luckily we have an easy 'rotate-function' on this new platform, so it's much easier to fix.