Quiet Hipolito

Discussion in 'Pressure Lamp Discussion Forum' started by Burkster, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:49 PM.

1. Burkster United Kingdom

Hi guys, just a quickie , if any1 can help, i've had my 502 auto running a few times, strange thing is it's super quiet, is this normal ? As I've had Anchors in the past & they were loud, the hippo is running perfect, like a dream, just really quiet,. I'm wondering if I've put it together wrong
    Are they a quiet lamp normally ?

2. Fireexit1

Fireexit1 United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi @Burkster - they can be - but don't ask me what causes it. I have identical optimus 350s one loud, one quiet both work well. Despite fiddling and swapping things over I have never got them the same.
    My Hiplolito is quieter when the pressure goes below 1.75 bar (on the gauge) - are you running yours @ the full 2 bar ? (red line)

C

3. MYN

It has something to do the the turbulence of both the fuel-air mixture and the flame that's burning at the outlet of the burner.
    I've been curious over these workings once in while.
    A short turbulent flame is usually noisier than a longer, laminar flame. Has anyone notice the difference between a laboratory Bunsen burner and a propane torch of the same tube size? Or for those into stoves, between the roarer and silent cap?
    What about the roar of a Milspec? I know some smaller Primus lanterns are remarkably quiet.:-$

4. Burkster United Kingdom

@Fireexit1 , yes chief, always run it at 2bar,. It seems to hold 2bar for ages an ages aswell,. I'm happy with it like, super bright, ..... Just quiet..... :content: