Radius 145

Discussion in 'Stove based lamps' started by LUMENS, Nov 12, 2017.

1. LUMENS

LUMENS Subscriber

I am new to this Forum, but have been an enthusiastic collector of pressure lamps since the nineties. Most of my lamps have been Tilley's, but this Radius I have had for approx. 15 years and there seems to be little info on this stove lamp. There are a couple on the internet with chromed finish from the 1930's. Mine is not chromed, but has a profusion of patent marks, does it date from the 1930's too; was this lamp manufactured and distributed widely?
    Many thanks for any info.

DSC00140.JPG DSC00099.JPG DSC00111.JPG DSC00119.JPG DSC00132.JPG DSC00143.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2017
  2. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

G'day @LUMENS and welcome to CPL.

The Radius 17 stove tank is marked Radius not Radius Ltd so pre dates 1939.

The lantern attachment was sold separately to fit on your existing stove as an accessory. I believe it is a Radius 145 or 143? I'm not sure just what the difference is.

3. Nils Stephenson

Nils Stephenson Founder Member

First up, welcome to the forum.

The combination of the lantern adapter and the no. 17 stove becomes model 145. It looks to be in very nice condition and complete with the original glass. I believe the peak of sales for these lanterns would be the second half of the 1930s, but I don't have any proof to back that up.

4. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

Welcome aboard!:thumbup:

5. LUMENS

LUMENS Subscriber

Hello Gentlemen,

Many thanks for the welcome, and detailed information about the lamp which I greatly appreciate. It is interesting to think that this lamp is from the 1930's as it is wears its age well, probably from low usage and good quality materials.
    I look forward to reading the comments about period lighting in this forum, as one never stops learning about the fascinating devices which are still out there.

Best regards, Robert