I bought this lamp about 12 months ago, paid a low price for it, these lamps are usually quite expensive. On strip down I found it had developed a pregnant vapouriser which is no doubt why the seller was not asking much for it, a previous owner had put the burner assembly in a vice crushing it and rendering it useless. Fortunately I had a good burner and vapouriser from a donor Vapaluc 320, the only way to remove the spirit cup was to cut through the vapouriser. Items following strip down: Attention next turned to preparing the tank for painting: Followed by a couple of coats of primer: Then the finish coats: Rustoleum Cream and Halfords fuel resistant lacquer were used: The lamp was then reassembled using a new Viton seal kit and given a 'blue flame' test: The pump plunger kept rising and after messing about unsuccessfully with the NRV I fitted a spare item which cured the fault. I then fitted a mantle for a proper test: Unfortunately the first mantle developed a big hole, after fitting another mantle I got the result I was on the LHSwaiting for (Note one of my other current projects an early Vapalux 300): I am very pleased with this lamp, looking out for a better glass as the one fitted has a few small cracks and chips, I am also going to fit a reproduction gallery to replace the badly scorched one fitted.