Hello, I got an old mica globe from a 1001 lamp but one of the panes were broken. I decided to try and replace it myself. I used a scalpel to widen the gap between the metal strips: Freeing the broken pane: Gaps: I then cut a new mica sheet to size. It was sourced from Stove Mica and the sheets were a bit thicker than the original. I'd probably request thinner sheets if I were to do this again. Fitting was not easy. Unfortunately I could not get the corners in on one side. I noticed the old sheet had a notch in the corner, presumably for this reason Nonetheless these are on the inside of the globe and so not very noticable.