Royal Petrolux Mod. 826 H.K.300

Discussion in 'Mystery Lamps' started by Reinhard, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Reinhard Germany

Is this another unknown brand ?
    I bought the lamp in Italy.

Regards, Reinhard IMG_20181215_122139.jpg IMG_20181215_122214.jpg IMG_20181215_122303.jpg IMG_20181215_114511.jpg IMG_20181215_114350.jpg IMG_20181215_114228.jpg IMG_20181215_114125.jpg IMG_20181215_114111.jpg

2. Andrew T

Never heard of that one before but it looks good.
    Made of brass?

3. Erik Leger

Erik Leger Germany Subscriber

Right in the Middle of Nowhere, S. Germany.
    Neil has two models listed in his PLC: "Societa Fornelli Benz Milano Italy", a 250 CP and a 300 CP lantern. So there may be more around. But I did not come across one, yet.

See over there: Società Fornelli Bentz Milano 300CP

Erik

4. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

Interesting. OLMAS (Officine Lav. Mecc. Apparecchiature Stagne a Milano)is an Italian company who made Tirrenia and Docovus lanterns and probably Petroflam and Petrolamp as well. However Petrolux is an Argentinian brand registered to FANAL Sociedad Anonima Comercial E Industrial who registered the PETROMAX brand name on the 2nd March 1981 and PETROLUX brand name on 7th August 1984. So Olmas makes sense on an Italian lantern but may of course be an aftermarket addition.

Now it gets complicated because Petrolux was also a Standard brand name. Henry has a Standard model 590 do nut which has the Standard name and logo on the reflector but also has "PETROLUX Timisoara". Now that is in Romania and there was a Petro-Lux brand from that area. We have seen a lantern branded as Petro-Lux with a decal "Radišina Ulica, Zagreb. Yugoslavia". As far as I can tell this company is actually Petro-Lux Komanditno Društvo (KD).

I suspect if this lantern was found in Italy then it is probably a Standard Licht product BUT it has a Petromax model number. 826 is a pretty well known Petromax model and there is no such number in the Standard list. We do know that Petro-Lux in Yugoslavia imported Hasag lamps and it is quite possible they also imported Standard lamps and gave them their own brand name and model number which was chosen as direct competition to Petromax.

It is certainly one for me to add to the list but quite where could be a problem. ::Neil::

5. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

A lucky find!:thumbup:

6. Reinhard Germany

Hello Andrew,Erik and Neil

@Andrew
    Yes it is brass. But it is a brass that is very difficult to solder. And the tank has so many holes .I am desperate .

@Erik
    Thank you for showing me the pictures of Societa Fornelli Benutz Milano.
    But these lamps look different than my Royal Petrolux .It also bears no resemblance to other italian pressure lamps .It bears no resemblance to argentine pressure lamps.

@Neil
    Yes ,I'm sure you're in the right track.
    Yes, I am sure that the pressure gauge was added later.It is not screwed on .Someone has drilled a hole in the tank and fixed the pressure gauge.I had to solder it again.
    And yes , it's a kinship to recognize Standard Licht.The generator base is screwed into the tank with a sealing cone. I know that from my Standard 2045.
    The SOLEX handwheel may not be original part of the lamp.
    The carrying handle could come from a ASTARTE.
    Yes ,I can imagine very well that the lamp comes from Croatia or Romania and was subsequently equipped with various parts of italian manufacturers .
    This is not an italian pressure lamp.
    Neil ,you are a master dedective.
    Thank you.

Regards,Reinhard