Standard Momento 6012.

Discussion in 'Standard' started by Claus C, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Claus C

This is my first Standard-lamp. They dont seem to hang on the trees.
    The collar is with bad stress-cracks i the lower part, but the rest of the lamp is fortunately in good condition and seems orignal. Another dane has a almost mint exampel of this lamp plated chrome/nickle and his control-wheel looks different than mine. The Wheel is pretty speciel in the fitting and I believe my Wheel still is original.
    Anyway, it is still a fine lamp and a fine piece of craftmansship.
    This is straight from the post-man and I will of course clean it up later. Here she is:

1426107738-Standard_lampe_021_opt.jpg

Claus C

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  2. outback boy

Hi Clause, that is a fine lantern, i can only dream here in OZ as they are pretty much non existent, what cp is it? enjoy the toy, :) regards frank

3. JEFF JOHNSON

JEFF JOHNSON United Kingdom Subscriber

A great find! :thumbup:

4. Claus C

Thanks Frank. I dont yet know what jet is sitting in the top, while it is too dirty to read. I dont know anything about the lamp yet at all not even the fuel :D. It was cheap :lol:
    Even when it gets cleaned, I cant trust the jet is origin and I think we need some german experts to take over here - Martin??

Claus C

5. WimVe

WimVe Subscriber

Nice lantern !
    Congrats.

6. Martin K.

Martin K. Subscriber

Hi Claus,
    unfortunately those Standard lanterns are pretty uncommon, and you don't find much on them on the web. They pop up every now and then. From the proportions of your lantern I'd guess that yours is a 200-250HK type, but you should be able to verify e.g. from the glass size.
    These lanterns were made partially in Germany and also in Switzerland. It seems to me that you've got an early Swiss version (possibly pre-war) and the lever for the pricker is original. But I'm not 100% sure about that and further can't say anything about the preheater valve knob which seems to be a bit odd. On the site of Terry Marsh and here & here you'll find similar examples of the 200-250HK types 6022, 6122 and 6102H.
    The later ones (post-war versions) are nearly identical to the Petromaxes since they were all made at the Graetz factory in Altena/Germany.
    Maybe you can provide us some more detailed photos of your fine lantern.
    At a first glance the numbering scheme of Standard seems to be quite systematic. However after a closer look onto it it's still a complete mystery to me. Further the early Standard company seems to have something to do with Continentale Licht in Frankfurt/Germany since there are some similarities with their products.
    Congrats to your find :thumbup: , and hopefully you'll get it in a working condition (as I try to do with all my own lanterns)
    BR, Martin

7. Lampenkueche

Hello Claus,

maybe some helpful Pics for You.

Cheers Peter

1426207449-Standard_6012_01_kl.jpg

1426207478-Standard_6012_02_kl.jpg

1426207510-Standard_6012_03_kl.jpg

8. Claus C

Thank you Peter :thumbup: That was very helpfull :D/ .
    Btw you have a very nice informative homepage www.lampenkueche.com :thumbup: I like your experiments :D

The lamps is probably a 350/300 cp lamp Martin and same size as a ex. Petromax 828. It is difficult to see the size on the Photo with nothing else to compare with.
    The jet is only marked XXX :shock:

Claus C

9. Salar and Stove

Salar and Stove Denmark Subscriber

Hi Claus

Here is an picture from the momento22.jpg "Another Dane"
    Best Regards
    Flemming

10. Mackburner

Mackburner United Kingdom Founder Member Subscriber

6012 is listed as 400cp. ::Neil::

!!Standard_.jpg

11. Matty

I thought this might be of interest. @Mackburner

A company, Standard Light Co, Ltd, attempted to get a foothold in Australia for 4 years between 1927 and 1930. It seems they were unsuccessful.

I'll leave it to those that are more knowledgeable than I, to decide if they are the one and the same company.

Sydney, Australia, 1930.

StandardLightCogermany.jpg

A number of this type of advertisements plus text only advertisements were placed in the years mentioned above.

12. Titoo

Titoo France Subscriber

Hi all,

Claus, very fine lamp :thumbup:

Neil and Peter thank for paper !

Reagrds,
    Titoo