Tilley FL6

Discussion in 'FL6 Floodlight Projector' started by Steven67, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Steven67

Steven67 Germany Subscriber

Hello,

i could get some additional information about the date of this lamp from a forum member:
    the tank is the more modern style after 1955 and without date stamping at the bottom, which started at Autumn 1956.
    I get more curious and checked other threads in the forum. The older style Tank for the FL6 may be found still in a catalogue from 1955. The oldest date stamped at a tank bottom of a Tilley i could find was February 1957.
    Therefore the guess for the Year of production is 1956 and should be sufficient validated.

The housing of the lamp is is galvanized.
    The fuel tank (included the bottom) is not magnetic, so i think it's made out of brass.
    At the bottom of the fuel tank there is embossed "Made in England" and "2", but no date code.
    The Tank is painted in a ligt grey. Herefore i get also an information from a forum member, that
    such combination of galvanized housing ad light grey tank could probably be from the Swiss Army.
    Otherwise, so i think, it could be just from the Swiss Civil Defence.
    However, i bought it from a dealer, that mostly sells stuff from Switzerland.

There was a sticker from the last revision in Oktober 1994 at the tank bottom, so the lamp was in use (or stored) at least till then.
    The sticker says "Dichtheit geprüft" in German language what means "Leak test O.K."
    (but i put the sticker away to be shure, there is no date stamp underneath).

Regards - Steven

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg

2. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    @Steven67

Thanks for posting this in the Reference Gallery with all the information you have gleaned.

Best regards

Tony

3. Buggerlugs

Buggerlugs Australia Subscriber

Interesting stuff.

4. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

A nice lantern and good details. :thumbup: