Tilley X246 Pork Pie Ver_3 First I would like to thank @Lamp_Doctor for being generous enough to let this lantern out of his shed when he was showing me through his collection last November. Unfortunately there is no before photo but it wasn’t this clean when I got it. I removed the rust and remaining paint from the frame and the rust from the steel hood cap using electrolysis. Then I painted the cage with enamel paint. The yellow enamel on the steel hood cap has seen better days but it will do for now. The hood is brass but I didn’t remove the black carbon. Under the grime the paint on the fount was in reasonable condition and so was the decal. So I removed the grime and polished the existing paint, being careful not to damage the decal. The pump isn’t original to this model but I have included pictures of it anyway. I'm very happy with this lantern. The test burn looked good so I installed a mantle and found a globe amongst my spares. It fired up nicely for a while then produced flames on the outside of the mantle. I had cleaned out the original vapouriser but it didn’t last. A new vapouriser fixed the problem.